Chunk's Neuter ... Take two

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I agree the hard part is keeping him calm BUT well worth it ... I know two bully owners that split their stiches open.. so be STRONG mommie no toys or running!
So happy it is over .. each day will get better and better.. lots of Love and hugs from Duke and I !

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Lmao [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]!!! you got me!!!

[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION]. Chunk's been getting extra crate time too. We even left the house after we put him in there so he wouldn't think it was cause he was bad :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
So this morning we woke up to head tremors. :(. Goddamn pain meds!!! I hate it!!!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
At least your vet gave you pain meds. Our vet gave us pills which I assumed (in the rush to get out of the vet and get home) were pain meds. I researched them online and they are only antibiotics. So I called them to ask why (because I obviously don't want my baby in pain) and they said they don't give pain meds after a spay so that they take it easy and don't rip the stitches or lick the area. I was mad they didn't notify me of this. The first day she was out of it (which I posted about previously) but she soon went back to her old self which is extremely nerve wracking. She insists on jumping on the bed, the couch, and going up and down the stairs as usual. Cannot wait until she is fully healed up and can be a complete lunatic again.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION]. I feel like it's the same with Chunk - he thinks he's back to normal and just wants to run around and play!!! This morning I took him to watch my husband play softball and he was very calm, thank goodness. Just all the petting and attention he got tired him out. The only sad thing was that he was crying to get on the playground with the kids :( Not that he would even normally be allowed but it was sooo cute. A few of them came over to pet him and he was pawing at the fence to go in. It's going to be a long two weeks!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im late as usual but im glad chunk is ok and lots of hugs to mom and hope he continues to get better.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone! Well ... today it gets interesting. We noticed that the skin that was left after the neuter (the "scrotum sack" as the vet called it) looked like it was filling up with fluid. UGH. So we went to the vet. She said everything is okay, just swollen. That is from being too active (and he really isn't doing much of anything!!!) That this is common in older dogs after being neutered. However, she put him on antibiotics to be on the cautious side. But wait ... it gets better. His "sack" needs to be iced 2-3 times a day for 5-10 minutes. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! IF I DON'T LOVE THIS DOG, I DON'T LOVE ANYTHING!!! CANNOT believe I have to do this. :ROFL::blush2::blink:

PS - [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] I also mentioned to her that maybe we could stop the pain meds so he'll calm down and realize he's hurt. (Kinda like your vet was thinking. If they feel the pain, they will lay still more.) She disagreed and told me that a lot of studies have been done and they found that being in pain causes chemical reactions in the brain that slow the healing process!!! Thought you'd be interested in this info since that was your vet's take on things.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.