OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]. It definitely is. Though of course I won't be completely settled til I have him in my arms!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEEE------HAH!! Verry cool... hope he is in your arms very, very soon!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Poor guy. I hope it gos smooth this time we send lots of love to chunk

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so we've been home for a few hours. He was a bit restless and wouldn't lay, just sit. He ate a little bit and we watched a movie. I even laid on the floor next to his bed so maybe he would snuggle ... Still wouldn't lay down. Started to get nervous til JUST NOW. We are all in bed and he's snoring away. Well, he's not IN bed. He's laying outside his bed using it as a pillow. Whatever it takes!!! The hardest was seeing if he was ok to eat. He didn't want water so I gave him a few pieces of nibble and waited. He cried almost the whole 15 minutes til I felt it was ok to feed him a little more. Poor man - it had been like 33 hours since he ate!!! I'd be throwing temper tantrums - forget crying! Looking forward to a more "normal" day with him tomorrow. Hopefully he will realize it's ok to lay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Lex was the same way I propped pillows up so he could lay his head down and try to rest some. Bedtime I put him in bed w me and finally got him to lay on his side and I stuck a pillow between his legs long way so they wouldn't touch the stitches. The next day he felt so much better i was amazed of the turn around he had in just a night!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Glad all went well...it takes time to heal.

4caff1b1-31d0-194d.jpg

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the love everyone! He really didn't sleep well last night ... that snoring only lasted a little while. I woke up a few times and heard him licking ... finally when I took the bandage off his leg from his IV, he settled down for a little. (Duh, should have realized to do that BEFORE bed.) Now we are up at our usual time starting our day with our regular routine ... I take this as a good sign! Now I'm just praying he will rest and not want to run around.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He's really trying not to!! We hid all his balls so he only has chew toys and ropes. He's currently resting but had crazy energy today! Think the pain meds are masking the pain but not making him drowsy. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
The hardest thing for us after Lucy's spay was keeping her quiet. She was popping around the house like a ping pong ball and I was convinced she was going to hurt herself! She spent some extra time in her crate. Glad to hear Chunk is doing well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online