Chunk's Neuter ... Take two

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Ok - so I've finally scheduled Chunk's neuter ... for the second time. (For those who don't remember or who weren't around, we tried to neuter him June 10 and he threw up from the anesthesia. So the vet didn't want to take any chances and cancelled surgery.)

He's still on the antibiotics from his eye ulcer (which were also clearing up his irritated wrinkle from the runny eye) and was having problems going :poo:. On Thursday, his doggie sitter was walking him and she said he was straining so hard that he threw up. Then Saturday, before we went for his pre-op bloodwork, there was blood in his :poo:. :cry: His vet was not in but thankfully one of the other vets took a look and said he's got colitis and gave us meds for a few days. That seems to be helping but GEEZ!!! Can anything go easy?! So we are waiting for the results of the bloodwork and as long as all goes well - this Friday is the day he will lose his manhood. Boo. Wish we didn't have to put him under again!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY... I'd be a wreck. Good luck with everything,, hope it goes well

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We'll be thinking about him all throughout and praying that everything will go well! Speedy recovery Chunkster!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Awww we love u chunkster hope the blood work comes back good!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Poor Chunk's going thru a lot. I hope he feels better and that the neuter will go smoothly this week. Send him our hugs and smooches.:hug::luv:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everybody! We are convinced he will do anything to try to keep his jewels ... :lmao: At this point, if he wasn't having this prostate issue, I'd let him keep them!!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Soooo we a playing a whole bunch now ... Then we are off to the vet for his neuter. He's been fasting since 11:30am yesterday. :( It was killing me so we didn't even eat home last night - I feel guilty eating in front of him!!! He's having a blast playing this morning though. :). He's on a rest at the moment. I'm so nervous I just want this day to be over!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316172142.827731.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316172142.827731.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 132

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Chunk is going to do great!! Let us know when he is home and relaxing! God luck Mom! We all know how you feel.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i definately know how you're feeling! he'll do great! obviously you have a good vet who takes the proper precautions, he'll be in good hands and then come home as good as new!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Boy..do I know how you feel! I know he will do fine! I worried so much and like you..I felt horrible about the no food thing!! :hug:to Chunk..and his mommy! Let us know!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone!!! I spent the morning sanitizing the house ... so he will come home to a nice clean environment. Except for his blanket ... decided he probably would be comforted by it's smell ... and I washed it two days ago. :)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I am thinking of you and your baby!!! :):):).... can't wait for an update.. he will be fine but I too am a worrier! Hang in there.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Well ... he's in recovery since about 12:30pm ... they said surgery went well. I have to call at 4pm to find out what time I can pick him up. I'm dying to pick up my baby doggie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.