My poor lil fella....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have not had to deal personally with staph with Vegas, but my husband also had it, and it did get worse before it got better when he was on high dose of antibiotics. Joe also had an antibiotic cream to put on the spots. We have no idea how he got it, but we had to be extremely sterile so that I did not get it. Bleached all the bedding and all his towels were in a different load than mine. We were dating and not living together, so I was lucky and did not catch it.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Supposingly this is not contagious to humans. I called yesterday and the vet sId to finish his round of antibiodics and give benadryl along with bathing every three days. After that if it is not cleared up to bring him in and we would do a blood test and allergy screening. He said he couldnt believe it doesnt itch him but it doesnt. I think its a skin irritation from him occasionally peeing his kennel on tues and thurs because those are our long days. I am going to take him to my sister to dog sit on those days and see if that helps. He is plenty old enough to hold it and i dont know why he wont. Its 6 hours on those days he is alone.....

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
UPDATE: He is down to 2 pills and honestly it looks like its drying up, but still pretty bad! So definately a trip back to the vet this week if these last two pills aren't miracle workers!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Poor dude! I just saw this thread. I dealt with MRSA (a strain of staph) of the skin personally and wonder if it's like that. Also, Chunk's bullie friend Oliver has allergies that cause all kinds of bumps on his belly. His vet wasn't sure what exactly caused the allergy - could just be seasonal. The thing she said to look for that is tell-tale that it's an allergy is bumps in his "armpits" (I don't know how else to describe it :p). Anyway, Oliver was put on Claritin and it cleared up in days! Hope that helps a little!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.