Help Jack's been throwing up today

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Just before noon today, Jack threw up.
This may have been because I switched him to WELLNESS Ocean receipe from one day to the next. But I made the switch last Thursday nite, so this morning was his 4th meal on this new kibble.
Anyways, He seems like himself. His stool is normal, we went for a long walk today. I fed him at 5pm his old kibble (TOTW)
thinking the FISH kibble is not agreeing with him. Anyways, about an hour ago he threw up again.
Im making him drink water to keep him hydrated but I hate to see him in discomfort..

If he continues like this thru the nite I am taking him to the vet in the morning...

What can i give him to alleviate his sour stomach..... ?
Milk of magnesium? Pepcid AC ..?

HELP Please...

thanks

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you can give a pepcid ac ive givin it to sarah and my bostons before. not sure bout the other one. i hope he feels better soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
ok he just threw up again...
Im guessing its because he still has food in his stomach....

How many bouts of vomiting should I expect.?

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Ok I got the Pepcid AC... Man that is one tiny pill....

Hope it dissolves and is absorbed into his body QUICK before he throws up yet again....

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, boy....that is a lot of vomiting! For a small guy, you will need to get him in to be seen if he continues through the night or in the morning. In general, if they want to eat and eat normally and are pooping normally then he is still ok and a trip to the ER is not necessary but small guys get dehydrated so fast, if he continues to throw up, I would be concerned. Let us know how it goes! Poor baby :(

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
The good thing is he is drinking water. Right now he is sleeping so im guessing the pepcid took effect I hope he sleeps thru the nite..Thanks everybody ... I'll update this thread tomorrow ..

Last edited:
OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
UPdate...
So Jack seems to be ok now. I gave him the Pepcid AC last nite at 10pm. and he spent the rest of the nite just fine being his normal self...
I woke at 4 am to check up on him and he was sleeping... This morning at 7am he threw up a little vile/ water. He went to his water dish, drank some water and continued on to be his playful self.

About 8am I gave him just a couple of spoonfuls of kibble along with a heaping spoonful of plain yogurt. He ate it up looking for more.
We went for a walk and he did poop just fine.. Not too watery and not too hard... Just the way we like it. :ROFL:

Anyways, its now 11:30am and he has been fine. He has not vomited any more...... It seems whatever he ate is out of his system...
I still have my fingers crossed and will probably give him another minimal meal later this afternoon ...

So what do you think happened.? I can only assume he ate some grass that may have had pesticides (...????)
Can it be an allergic reaction to the WELLNESS Ocean Receipe ? If so, can it be THAT STRONG to have caused his vomiting all day long..?

Guys, I want to thank all of you for your replies. It really helped me thru last nite . I was worried and didnt know what to do.. That Pepcid AC was a real help.

Thanks again.

Will

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad he is doing better. Sometimes they just eat something that does not agree with them, they are like little vacuum cleaners and pick up every thing in their mouths, so no telling what he got a hold of.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Glad to hear that JD is doing well again!!! Wilson just had an episode the other day of throwing up all his food twice in a 24 hour period and then he coughed up a watery substance that had a small amount of blood in it. He's perfectly fine now and guess it was just an upset tummy. Seems to be going around they say. It's scary.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad to hear that he is fine. They know how to scare us alright! No telling what it was. He could have picked something up out of the grass or ate something he found on the floor. Whew...lol

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
WAIT !! NOT SO FAST !

Jack spent this past Sunday his usual self. But Monday late evening the vomiting started again... I spent the entire nite up checking on him and taking him outside so he can puke on the grass. ...

I took him this morning to the Vet to have him checked out.
All the blood work came back looking good..
However, the Xrays they took did not... We are still not sure what it is but it looks like he swallowed my daughter's training bra. ! :*( We wont know until they remove it.. All we can tell from the X-rays are the metal adjustment clips that bras have .. so Im thinking its my daughter's ... (not sure)

Anyways, he is in surgery right now. I was told to call and check on his status after 5:30pm

Keep him in your prayers please.
This is definitely a learning experience...
I'll have to watch this little bugger 24/7! :yes:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.