Help Jack's been throwing up today

Mariel

Aug 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ceasar
That is so much more common than you would think. good luck and im so glad you caught it. good thing those bras have metal clips,huh?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Omg I sure hope he'll be ok!!!! Poor guy. I'm glad you got him in though. We had on of our dogs swallow on of those birds ropes and had to have surgery to remove it. I'll be thinking of you both.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
WAIT !! NOT SO FAST !

Jack spent this past Sunday his usual self. But Monday late evening the vomiting started again... I spent the entire nite up checking on him and taking him outside so he can puke on the grass. ...

I took him this morning to the Vet to have him checked out.
All the blood work came back looking good..
However, the Xrays they took did not... We are still not sure what it is but it looks like he swallowed my daughter's training bra. ! :*( We wont know until they remove it.. All we can tell from the X-rays are the metal adjustment clips that bras have .. so Im thinking its my daughter's ... (not sure)

Anyways, he is in surgery right now. I was told to call and check on his status after 5:30pm

Keep him in your prayers please.
This is definitely a learning experience...
I'll have to watch this little bugger 24/7! :yes:

OH Lord I am praying for your guy.. Duke went through this a few months back with vomitting.. he also ate a toy that he had to pass. Good Luck.. thank God you took him to the vet.. yes learning experience for all of us.. BIG HUGS to you!!!! I am thinking of you ! and your little guy. please udpate us when you can!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im glad you could find out what it was. big hugs to you from sarah and me and we will be thinking of you till we hear he is ok.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Oh my. I'm so glad you know what he ate I'll pray he comes out a ok ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm just getting through all the posts!! I'm sure he's out of surgery and hopefully home by now. I hope he's feeling better!!

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
UPDATE

First off, i want to thank all you guys and gals for your well wishes... That :poo: really worked.! :D

I spoke with the surgeon this morning.
Jack's surgery went really well. He is recovering and will be staying in the hospital until tomorrow. he will need to do his first bowel movement before he is released..
Doctor said that they operated in time. A little while longer and the foreign objects
would have troubled into his intestines. The surgery would have been much more complicated as they would have had to cut that lenth of intestine...

Anyways. I cant wait until tomorrow . I'll take pictures of the objects he ate and post them asap. I'll make sure to clean them first.... :barf:

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad to hear the update and that Jack got in there in time. It'll be interesting to see the photos too, cleaned or not.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank Goodness you took him when you did.. Give him lots and lots of hugs from all of us!!! and thank you for the update!

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
....UPDATE....

After work yesterday I passed by the Vet's office and although they had closed 1/2 hour earlier, luckily the doctor/surgeon was still there. He allowed me in to visit with Jack. We spoke for a while on the severity of what "could have" happened if I had waited just one more day..... :cry:

Before leaving he handed me a plastic zip lock with the contents he removed... Its a complete bra strap, along with what appears to be decorative fringes from a green throw blanket we had draped over our couch.!
We had seen the torn throw blanket last week but did not realize there were fringes missing...!
These types of threads, (as explained by the Doc) are extremely dangerous
because once they travel out of the stomach and into the intestines, they begin to entangle themselves onto the intestine making it almost imposible to remove even with surgery. The intestine would have to be cut and re-sewn and he said that chances of survival for that type of operation is very low.......

I'm picking him up today at noon ... Can't wait ...!!

ForeignObje.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.