HELP! The BENADRYL and ZYRTEC Don't work ... !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION]... great to hear! stay consistent with 50mg twice a day until the first freeze. we've done it for a few years and it has always helped.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on your vet, the lab they use, what you want testing done for. We had 3 tests run on Sarah (this was about 10 years ago!) and one was food, the other was seasonal (pollens, trees, ect,) the last one was misc (molds, mice droppings, and if I remember correctly it was about $350 or so.

Once we found out what she was allergic to, they made a serum to make her no longer allergic to those things. That of course costed more. I had to give her shots of the serum daily, until it became weekly, then eventually monthly.

But in the end, what really cured her, was a high quality dog food that did not have any of the ingredients she was allergic to. Go figure!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
I have 6 Bullies: 5.5, 5, 3.5, 2, 9 mo, 6 mos. Only the 9 mo is related (she is from a litter from our dogs).
Only one of them seems to be having these types of problems and it is the 9 mo old puppy from the litter.
The dad and mom do not seem to be affected, but I have started on the puppy.

Good Info,
Good Day~

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, I am so glad it is helping :). We are going in on Thursday afternoon to get the staples out of Gator's eye (hopefully) and talk about allergy issues. I am curious to see how we will manage his issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When we had the allergy testing done... it was one test called a 'full screen allergy test'. This was two/three years ago and we paid $150.00.

Most Reactions