Selsun Blue

H

heff101

Has anyone used Selsun Blue here?
My vet advised me yesterday to use it on Heff as he has a slight bacteria/yeast thing going on. She put him on a antibiotic and advised bathing him with Selsun Blue.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yep. HRH is shampooed in Selsen blue followed by second wash with Oster oatmeal dog shampoo (because I don't care for the medicated smell of the Selsen Blue and it neutralizes it) It works well for us.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tidus used to have dry flaky and itchy skin, and lari and Bruce mentioned using it so I gave it a try. Worked wonders on him. If you pet him before, you could see he had "dandruff", just like us humans! I however don't really mind the smell too much. :)

OP
H

heff101

Heff already has some pretty rank smells coming out both ends so I doubt the shampoo will make a difference smell wise! LOL

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually along with good food. Shampooing HRH with this combo got rid of that doggy smell she had so bad when we first got her.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good to know...Truman is on some special shampoo after his bout of pyoderma but it's SO expensive for how little you get, however it does make him smell like coconuts!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Ooooooo! I looove the smell of coconut! I have dog spray that smells like coconut. I don't use it on the pooches anymore but occassionally I spray my office chair with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use it on Hitchy too! just an FYI, if your dog is white it can cause an orange tint to their fur.

So that is why Tidus's white part is not as bright and kinda orange!! I thought he was stained from that day in the mud! :lmao:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Awe darn I was going to try it on violet but since she is all white I think ill pass.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe darn I was going to try it on violet but since she is all white I think ill pass.

It's not that bad... I would not give it up for letting Tidus have dry itchy skin again. The white is just not "bright" like it was before. But I wonder, would Head and Shoulders or another medicated shampoo like T-sal or something work too?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie is still bright white. Perhaps the oatmeal shampoo also neutralizes whatever causes the orange too??

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] ur probably rite. Violets not itchy or flaky. We use Johnson's bedtime baby bath lol she smells so good after. I thought id use the other as preventive so she doesnt get itchy

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
My FIL has always used Selson Blue on Tank (pit bull) ... he always has the softest fur! He's 10 and feels like a puppy!

Most Reactions