My pup sammy is breathing

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
My pup sammy the bull is breathing funny after a heavy romp in the back yard running around with my boxer ,hes been breathing funny like he has phlegm in his chest it sounds like he sounds like hes getting better after he is calming down but i was woundering is that what happends when bullys run around to much?:bully:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, that is exactly what happens. You have to monitor their time and make sure they settle down to catch their breath

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
They don't take too well to heat or humidity. Our Maggie was out playing this evening and humidity is 95% here today and we had to make her come inside because her breathing was so heavy and laboured. It took almost half an hour to get back to normal.

You just have to be SO careful not to let them get too hot. Maybe limit their playtime in the future to shorter and less intense sessions!

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
That's a bully for ya. Just be careful, I recently had a bad experience with Ruckus. His heavy breathing turned into a whistle kind of sound and lucky for us we were with a rescue group who knew he was in respiratory distress and they knew how to help us.

Members online

No members online now.