Stem Cell Therapy - highly recommend it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
H all, I wanted to share the amazing experience we've had with our 7yr old male bulldog, Nitschke. To start off, we got him at 6 months old and for the first year he was mister puppy and very 'bulldog' cuddlebug, playful and snore with the best of them. At the year mark, he started throwing up after eating and snubbing his food.. after 6 months of try this food, try that food, give him a bland diet (chicken/beef and rice), use pepcid/tums and some other doggie tummy medicine.. we finally did the full blood screen allergy test and he turned out to be allergic to all types of rice and dairy products, as well as, every grass, weed and mold known to man.

At the age of two we have a very happy and healthy bulldog, so we thought, he now had breathing issues while sleeping and we had to have the nostrils expanded and the soft pallet reduction surgery for him. All went without a hitch and he was doing great. At the age of three, seasonal allergies and a torn ACL (playing with his favorite Cane Corso, Basta) laid him up for another four months because the repair ripped shortly after being home and resulted in another surgery.

Well, we make it to five and he starts having lots of issues walking, refuses to do stairs and just plain does not want to do anything but sleep, yep, arthritis was kicking in. We had several conversations with our vet prior to this regarding 'stem cell theraphy' and we were always open to it had we needed it for either of our bullies. So, we scheduled him back in March of this year, the procedure is done in two parts, which both require anesthesia (scary for any reason with a bully breed) but not an overnight stay. The first step is to remove fat tissue from the tummy area and ship it out to the lab for processing (pulling the stem cells). The stem cells are returned within 24 hours and must be administered within 48 hours. His second trip for the administration went very well and we were given the option to take him home or let him stay overnight for observation... we took him home :)!!

Now, here we are 6 months to the day from that pick up and it truly brings tears to my eyes, a smile to my face and warms my heart to see my 7 year old PUPPY is back!! He takes the steps two at a time, plays with all his toys again, runs and jumps and best of all he wrestles with his buddy Basta again! Not only does he have the energy and playfulness of a puppy, he is no longer on any medications for arthritis or tummy issues. We still give him benedryl twice a day, but have noticed that his allergies are no where near as bad as in the past or as bad as his sister's are this season. The allergies are a positive side effect/bonus of the stem cell for us -- we just wanted our playful, happy bully back.

The short of it is, the stem cell therapy has been such a success for Nitschke, we plan on having Banks done in February. She has back issues and severe allergies (chicken, turkey, all kinds of trees, molds, weeds, grass and house flies) that have had here at the emergency room several times because her eyes and throat have closed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, wow. That is very interesting! If I might ask, what was the cost of this? I am glad you have your little guy on the road to health and happiness. It is the best any of us can hope for.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] It was worth every blessed penny of the $2500.00. To see him so full of life and happy for us, is priceless.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow, that is great news and so glad it worked for him. Now he can be a happy bully again, and hope it works for Banks as well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that is amazing!!! And worth every penny!!! So glad to hear such a wonderful story as this!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What a great story. I've been through two torn CCLs (ACLs) and two TPLO surgeries and it's an intensive rehab. I just had Wilson's allergy tested, he's 8 months, not because he was having any real issues, but because I wanted to know what issues he could have. The stem cell is very interesting. Glad to hear the results were successful. Wow. I'll have to keep the throwing up and food allergy in my thoughts for future reference. Neat story!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
$2500 sounds like a bargain to me! But then, I have the most expensive bulldog on the planet. lol. I have spent twice that much in health bills in the last 8 months, but then I take them at the drop of a hat. lol

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] totally agree... I take our guys at the drop of a hat too, especially since they love the vet and attention they get when we go ;-)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you for sharing your experience with stem cell therapy. This is something to definitely consider. I'll have to ask my vet about this the next time we come by, for future reference. So happy for Nitschke!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Awesome story thanks so much for sharing with us! I'm sure it's a blessing to have ur healthy baby boy back and known he isn't in Antoine of pain.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.