Scrotum infection and nail issues

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aawww.. Samson is a true little boy .. full of scrapes and scratches!!! :luv:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well I'm glad the vet identified some of the issues. These bullies know how to worry us so. You're definitely not alone in that department. Keep us posted on his progress.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH... cement for daycare? All that running can't be good for any of the dogs paw pads or nails. Hope everything heals up soon and nice. On a side note, Banks drags her back legs which has her pads in very bad shape... have to put Mushers Secret on them twice a day to try and keep them from ripping open.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...what a mess....I am so glad you took him in. At least now you know what the issues are and can address them so he should be feeling better soon!

As far as the mange, since he is on an antibiotic, I would go and get him (or order) some pro-biotics. Jarro has a good one for dogs and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] recommended Forta Flora. These will help to support his immune system for the mange AND the antibiotic (which actually lowers the immune system) and keep him on track.

Good luck!

OP
Mod85

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Samson is back to his normal bratty self! Our vet is holding off on the ivermectin since it's localized...just one spot on his leg and it's probably just a juvenille issue and will go away. We're just using a medicated dog wash. The vet thinks that Samson should stay away from daycare for awhile, as it sounds like that's a huge stressor for his breathing problems (since he can't control himself) :)

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Meilyr drags his front legs too. He sometimes get a scab on top of his toes. Try to keep him off the cement but he does fine. I do notice that he has some nails that haven't grown. I read the nails can be damaged if clipped wrong and is permanent. I believe the damage is to some part of the nail but don't recall the name.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.