Could Roxi be allergic to chicken???

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
So after Roxi having another break out of hives early this week (another thread), I began looking for reasons as to why...
Well, I took a glance at her food and chicken is one of the main ingredients!!!:crazy: She has been eating
Nature's Logic Salmon and Duck for the past month or so. I didn't even think about her food being an issue.
I have a bag of the beef formula so I have been feeding her this for the past day.

Suggestions?

Also, the area where her hives were located (they are now scabbed over) the hair is now falling out like crazy!:shout:
Normal?

Roxi says, "hey!"

337.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Chicken is a pretty common allergen for bullies from what we have read, so yes that could have contributed to her problems.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ABSOLUTELY!! My girl is allergic to Chicken... hives head to toe and eyes swell shut. Get you baby a full screen allergy test (simple bllod test) and you'll know for sure what is causing her issues.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe is allergic to chicken also.... once I figured this out and switched to a non chicken food, all his issues (shits and skin issues) cleared up.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Ok, this may be a silly question but could chicken fat and spray dried chicken liver cause issues as well? I know chicken meal is one of the main ingredients in the duck and salmon formula but chicken fat and spray dried chicken liver were listed too and they are listed within the first 10 ingredients in the other formulas also (all except the beef formula).

Have any of you used Nature's Logic and experienced this?
I know she has seasonal allergies but I'm beginning to wonder if there is something more going on:detective:

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
I have been dealing with this too. I tried the Nature's Logic and towards the end of the bag he was so red on his tummy/face/toes, throwing up, and had blood in his soft serve stools. He is now eating Go Natural Salmon, which I thought was helping, but now he is showing allergic signs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3081]Sulley[/MENTION] ... sounds like what we went thru with our boy till we finally did an allergy test (blood work runs about $150). He was throwing up and then refused to eat, red belly and chin. We were feeding chicken and rice (bland diet).. did the allergy test and we come to find out he is allergic to RICE. Once that was out of his diet - all issues went away. He is now 7 years young and doing awesome.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
usually chicken is enhanced and can create all sorts of problems,hair loss is normal for a dog with allergy ,we went through weeks of hair loss with annie ,could have made a rug with it!!!,her allergy is calming down now and i notice the shedding stopped a couple of days ago so that means whatever is bothering her is finally leaving her system,till next time lol,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.