Gator is in the hospital for the night

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope this mornings news is better!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I just seen this thread, I was not on last night. Poor baby Gator!! I hope you get good news this morning and please let us know. :hug:

jules825m

Sep 3, 2010
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Miss Charlie
Get well soon Gator!! I know that when my bully has had to stay over night at the vet, she was spoiled rotten by them. It helps that bullies are super cute and lovable! Good luck to you all :-)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Sorry to hear of all this going on ... hope to hear some news (GOOD NEWS) on Gator soon!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Poor little guy, even this Dawg feels sorry for the Gator! lol. I hope he gets a great report today and on his way home. Keep us updated, you know we are all worried.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
just read this.. hoping today is much better for Gator.. eye problems are no fun :(
thinking of you !

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
hope hes home with you soon,i know its hard but hes in the best place xx,karen

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Update...Went and picked up Gator. The opthamologist said it looks like environmental allergies (they can see something that under the microscope looks like poison ivy but isn't) caused the swelling and itching which made the eye swell making his entropian much worse and then with the entropian rubbing and him scratching, it caused the ulcer. No surgery is needed but he is on prednisone (a 7 day course) to knock out the allergy issue, three eye drops (two for the bad one and one for the one this not great but no ulcer), and a pain med. He has to keep the cone on for 7 to 10 days. He also has his eyelids of the bad eye stapled back because of the swelling/entropian and the fact that it will rub the ulcer. Those have to stay in for 7-10 days as well. We will then manage with allergy meds (not steroids) and eye drops until he is older (about 6 to 8 more months) and re-evaluate the entropian if there are not any more problems.

Thank you so much to everyone for all of their well wishes and the cute card! You are best! Oh, and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], it is definitely the voodoo doll!!!! Anyone know where that thing is????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Gator...so glad he went to the right place and is on his way to feeling better. Staples in the eyelids..just sound :eek: but I know it's routine. Give him big :love: from us..and take a deep breath! :hug:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my just read this thread. im so sorry about gator. i know how it is when they stay the night. i so hope he gets better soon. ill be thinking of both of you lots this week.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], YEA!! (well... I guess) BUT no surgery!! I am glad it is what it is and can be corrected with meds. I dont know if you have had your bullies on prednisone before???? Vegas was on it once, and he started peeing all over the house, I posted it on this site and got many responses that thier bully's did the same thing while on the prednisone. He would literally walk across the dining room tile and I could see pee just dribbleing out. When he was done with the steroid, he quit peeing in the house. They can't help it. Just wanted to for-warn you that this may happen on this med. :hug: to you and Gator!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
please make sure that that vets office keeps an eye on him all the time with that cone on his head. These guys have too short of legs with those cones. My vet is the recommended bulldog vet for my area. She refuses to use a cone on any bulldog because the clinic lost a bulldog when the cone got wedged between the body and the floor and it ended up suffocating. I'm sure they will monitor him closely but if you're to bring one home with him please don't leave him unsupervised for any amount of time. :muah2:
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad to hear he does not need surgery and is on the road to recovery. Give hugs to Gator from all of us.

Members online

No members online now.