Gator is in the hospital for the night

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I updated a previous post but wanted to say that he is in the hospital tonight. I took him to a new ER vet for his eye being swollen and hurting him and it turns out he has a very severe ulcer that covers his whole cornea. Luckily, it has not gone all the way through the cornea but it is very deep. They did a phone consult with the opthalmologist and he wanted to see him before his regular patients in the morning so he is staying over night. They have started him on two different eye medications and a pain medication. We are unsure of the cause because there are so many. Suspected related to his entropian. His other eye is swollen but the actual eye looks fine.

I went in tonight and fed him his chicken dinner. He ate well and allowed me to clean his nose rope (yeast problems from a pork issue) and was in good spirits. I think it is because he is on the pain med and is feeling better. I suspect that after we get this healed, we will go ahead with the entropian surgery. We had waited, wanting him to be at least a year old so that his head had the chance to mature first but he is one year in about three weeks so it will most likely be a go.

My poor guy. Lucy has been whining and Gypsy is being a Klingon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: Betty I am soooo sorry...poor Gator :hug: I am glad he is in good hands...I will be thinking good thoughts for him..poor baby...gonna miss his family...:cry:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Oh man!! I exactly know how you feel having to leave them behind. Hurts your heart... but he's probably being loved on by all the nurses there.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Oh i'm so sorry. At least he is getting it taken care of poor guy. I have had a corneal ulcer myself twice and know that they are no fun at all. Hoe he gets better soon.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you for all of the well-wishes. He is in very good hands (not like that other ER) and I feel confident that he will be ok. I just feel sorry that he is laying in a cold unknown place with that stupid cone on his head. But he has to wear it because he wants to rub his eye and it will just make it worse. At least he was able to have it off to eat. It is one of those hard ones too :(.

I hope it heals very soon and it is just so hard to have him away from me even though I know it is for the best. I also hope this prompts others to take eye issues VERY seriously. They can come on very quickly and for so many reasons.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Gator, hope he gets well soon, and is not too lonely tonight.

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Poor Gator! I feel so bad for him (and you!). I know how hard it is to leave your baby there! I hope he is home soon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], i'm sorry about Gator but i'm relieved to know he is being well taken care of. I know it's hard when he's away from your sight tho. Give Gator hugs and kisses from us, and hope you get some rest too! :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh I am sorry, eye problems are so difficult. Ulcers can go away easy, or they can be a huge pain and pretend to go away but come right back. But now you know the symptoms so that is a huge plus. I feel so bad for you, the dang voodoo doll again!????

L

Lucy-licious

poor Gator, I hpe everything goes well with the opthamologist and they can sort his eye out quickly.
I'm sure the nurses will be spoiling him and he will soon be home safe :hug:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
4caff1b1-c5a7-430b.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.