Sick?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Brooke threw up in her crate last night. She usually "cleans" it all up before I can see any evidence of it but some had fallen out through the crate door and was on the carpet in the morning. She had a normal poop last night and another normal one this morning before breakfast. She ate normally and then did two more poops afterwards but they were softer. We've had no change in diet except we did start giving her slightly larger portions about 3 or 4 days ago (she's a little slender for a bully and we wanted to make sure she was getting enough). Any advice?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Does she have toys that she chews on in the crate with her? Occasionally HRH will chew on something with such exuberance that it causes her to gag and upchuck (mostly phlegm). But we stopped giving her greenies because every time we did she would upchuck those.

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
no, she's only in the crate at night and she sleeps all night so it's just her and her bed in there. =/

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
Doughnut had the same thing happen when we started giving him larger portions. So we switched his feeding to just mornings and he's been great.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hmm...did you feed her later than normal this morning? Sometimes they get their juices going expecting a meal and when it doesn't appear, they throw up. Not sure. How is she feeling now?

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
no more throwing up and she's back to her normal pooping schedule. I did go back to her old feeding amount because I was thinking that was the only think that could have been the issue.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank goodness she is feeling better! YAY!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.