Balding under the eye wrinkle and some yeast problem..=(

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
:cursing:

hi guys... So from the last post I had up for Dukey's redness on his wrinkle, it doesn't seem to be going away

some day, it will look better, but some day it looks really bad =(

I honestly don't know what to do..

he has been licking his paws a lot lately too, so i checked it
and it seems like it's getting yeasty on his paws too!! =(

i've searched through the forum and came to my conclusion that this is very much likely a food allergy??
(correct me if i'm wrong)

I have been giving him beef frittata from Fromm for about good 3 to 4 months, and this is just starting

As far as I know, Fromm is considered to be the best quality food on this forum to our bullies!
could it actually be not agreeing with dukey?!

some help or advices would be much appreciated...i want to take him in to the vet tomorrow, but i don't even know if they will open because of labor day weekends =(

I found some little red scraps in his both years too =((((((
I'm very sad for his right now and don't know what to do...

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 83
OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
He may not look like he is in pain or suffering, but i think he is in a pretty bad condition right now :begging:

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
I could see some yeast building up in his paws...but

can you really say he's got an yeast infection??

I just got some Surf and Turf from Fromm this morning
and see how it's going to affect his condition, however still debating if I should take him to the vet??

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
My Duke had all of these conditions EXACTLY red irritated RAW wrinkles.. ear infections, cysts on his paws etc.. We finally took Duke to a vet dermatologist.. We had him allergy tested and our Duke was allergic to Wool?? and also some molds.. he is on a method of taking a very low dose steriod every other day and we give him Zrtec and he has been allergy free with no problems for well over a year. I have a thread with more detail about it..

I think you are correct in taking your guy to the vet. they will probably put him on an anitbiotic to clear up the infection.. then from there maybe allergy test him? we also feed Nature's variety instinct and Duke does very well on it. Good Luck but just wanted to let you know there are solutions as Dukes face looked exactly like your pups when we started.. Big hugs

ps. in the meantime keep everything DRY.. moisture causes yeast.. so pat his wrinkle ever so gently with a tissue and for now put some desitin on it for relief

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The wrinkles are irritated from eyes leaking. This could be from indoor/outdoor allergies, food allergies, or entropion. Fromm is in my opinion a great food choice, but perhaps he is having an allergy to summer/fall blooms since this is a recent issue. Trying a different protein source is a good idea.

Be careful at the vet because they could diagnose entropion when they have swollen eyes. When the eyes swell from allergies, they will cause the lashes to roll inward.

Keep the area dry as possible, desitin works great but to ensure the area is completely dry I use a cornstarch/hydrogen peroxide paste first and let it set for about 20 mins until area is dry, then apply desitin.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
some great advise from [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] hopefully the Surf & Turf will help, Lucy turned red on the Duck and Sweetpotato from FROMM and we switched her to the Surf & Turf and she is fine now.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Good call on the Surf N Turf. Not every food works for every bully. Some do GREAT on Fromm and some do better on something else. You just have to work it out :). I would take him to the vet in case of infection. But as stated above, it could also be an environmental allergy and in that case no food change will help. It IS allergy season after all (I know, I am dying over here! lol).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.