Buster Keeps Throwing Up

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
:cry: Buster has now thrown up 3 times in the last couple hours. He randomly threw up what looked like a bunch of grass. He's outside in the backyard or my gf's parents house, which he hasn't done before. I'm wondering if he ate a bunch of grass or something random? He then threw up his dinner and just threw up a bunch of spit/mucus not really sure what it was, i think its because he had nothing in his stomach.

Needless to say, we're pretty worried. Does anybody have any ideas or things we could find around the house that would make him feel better? Any help would be greatly appreciated, we're just really worried and hoping he feels better :begging:Thanks in advance..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Do you think he could've eaten something? A plant or anything? I'm not sure what to give him to settle his tummy. If he continues throwing up he should see a vet. They can get dehydrated pretty easily. Poor Buster..I know you must be worried about him..unfortunately puppies eat everything! Does he feel warm? How do his eyes look? I wish I could help...hopefully someone will know more..and hopefully he just ate too much grass and it's over!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Poor Buster! Do you have any Pepcid AC? He may have eaten something that has given him indigestion or acid reflux which is very common in Bulldogs. My girl, Punkie B takes a Pepcid each morning and evening. If she doesn't take the Pepcid she throws up and her mouth waters/she drools. It wouldn't hurt to give Buster a Pepcid tonight and see if he improves. If he continues to throw up, you could offer him some Pedialyte to ensure he doesn't become dehydrated. If he's just throwing up and doesn't have diarrhea, Pepcid or Pepto should settle his tummy. Good Luck!

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm hoping he just has a tummy ache. He's just been sleeping a lot so I'm thinking he's just resting. I guess its best case scenario from what i've read. Still worried though :/ I'll keep in touch as he progresses. He seems to be a little more gassy than usual. I'm hoping he'll feel better in the morning and i'm just glad he's sleeping.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
HI just getting to read this.. We had two incidents with Duke being sick .. one he threw up BUT it did no stop.. ( actually got worse ) he got to the point where he would throw up every half hour AND he had the runs.. ( we took him to the ER vet and he was actually passing a toy he ate. the 2nd time ( a few weeks ago he got sick 4- 5 times during the day and in a panic I took him to the vet thinking he ate another toy.. BUT he just had a normal virus like you and I would get.. They gave him pepcid and he was fine within a day.. so my advice is to keep you eye on it.. if it gets WORSE call the vet..

also have you read about putting him on the bland diet for a few days..there is a thread on it..

Hope he feels better soon! :)

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for all the help and advice guys! He had a long night of sleep and seems like he's good as new! I'm guessing he just had a tummy ache but he looks to be just fine. I guess we were due for a scare at some point, i knew it wasnt gonna be that easy ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So good to hear he is doing better.

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
thanks for the support guys i figured he'd scare at some point soon. It's been too easy so far ;) I wrote a little about it on the blog i'm doing for him BustersBullblog.tumblr.com check it out if you're bored :)

Members online

No members online now.