Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ring to find a good insurance plan for my new family member

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Default ring to find a good insurance plan for my new family member

my family and i are getting our new pup in a few weeks. i am trying to find a good insurance for Rocky. we live in new jersey so if anyone can help me please help. i am also trying to find a good English Bulldog Vet. If you have any good advice im open for anything. thank you and we are very excited to having rocky as our new family member. i myself am excited because i love this breed

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ring to find a good insurance plan for my new family member

i do not have insurance for my Brooke, couldn't find one with a good enough price to justify it. I instead have money set aside in an account. Many people on here have trupanion but I've heard complaints lately of them doubling rates for existing clients.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

HI there.. we use Petplan Pet Insurance - The Best Pet Health Insurance Plans for Unexpected Veterinary Bills - Get a Free Quote!

and believe me it has come in handy.. we live in Phila don't know any NJ vets but there are a few people here from NJ

Welcome!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

First, congratulations on your new boy! You must be so excited. When you get him home, we hope you will post pictures and tell us about him.

Next, I do not have insurance. I probably should have gotten it when we brought our boy home but the premiums were CRAZY. Instead, we have care credit and are on a revolving no interest payment for that.

For the vet, go to the bulldog club of america and they have a list of vets that are recommended for bulldogs. They are listed by state. The Bulldog Club of America we also have a list here of recommended vets. You can find it here English Bulldog News Forums ~ - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians
    Have fun with your new baby!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your new baby! We are in NJ also. We use a local vet who has been GREAT with Chunk. He's also seen "THE Bulldog Vet", Dr. Kinnear in Staten Island for second opinions (his are always the same as our regular vet which gives me even more confidence in her). We are in Ocean County - where in NJ are you?

As for insurance, we HAD VPI but they covered almost nothing. It could be because Chunk was already 2 when we got him (they told us everything was "pre-existing", even an ear infection!!!) but I am really starting to think it makes more sense to just put money away every month. Although, some of these insurances could be could in an emergency situation more so than just regular bullie issues (eyes, ears, skin, allergies, breathing, etc.).
    Last edited by Chunksmama; 09-13-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN. Glad you joined and congrats on your new bully. Do you have any pix yet? We pix here lol Looking forward to seeing more about your bully and seeing its pix.

Bulldog(s) Names
    little bit of honey bear (bitty)
    Likes (Received)

when i went to get insurance for my bully i looked into vpi. i decided not to go with them when they told me becuase she had had pnemonia that they would never cover it again as it was pre existing. i decided to go with gopetplan instead. they cover everything to whatever level you really want. i went with the silver plan and a 200.00 deductable.

it seems as if they cover darn near everything including diagnostics. the premium is about 45.00 a month if you get it on line. I just had an instance where my baby fell off the couch and they thought she migh have broken a hip. i called the insurance to ask whether i should file individual claims or wait and file one claim. they said whichever way i wanted to. my big question was how would the deductable be handled? theyre response was it would be a continuation and the deductable would only be applied once.

so far this seems to be a pretty good company and policy. I was able to get a customer service rep in very little time when i called and he was very helpful in a very stressful situation.

hope this helps.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...=insuranceThis is a great thread about pet insurance..lots of info

Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Get insurance.......
    Learn from our lessons....!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natemoore View Post
    when i went to get insurance for my bully i looked into vpi. i decided not to go with them when they told me becuase she had had pnemonia that they would never cover it again as it was pre existing. i decided to go with gopetplan instead. they cover everything to whatever level you really want. i went with the silver plan and a 200.00 deductable.

it seems as if they cover darn near everything including diagnostics. the premium is about 45.00 a month if you get it on line. I just had an instance where my baby fell off the couch and they thought she migh have broken a hip. i called the insurance to ask whether i should file individual claims or wait and file one claim. they said whichever way i wanted to. my big question was how would the deductable be handled? theyre response was it would be a continuation and the deductable would only be applied once.

so far this seems to be a pretty good company and policy. I was able to get a customer service rep in very little time when i called and he was very helpful in a very stressful situation.

hope this helps.
    I have nothing but great things to say about this company. We have had it for Duke and it has paid off immensely.. they are very easy to work with and quick with reimbursements.. the best thing is they DO cover heriditary issues ( that alot of Bulldogs have ) ..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky
    Likes (Received)

thank you and we are in central nj. we found a great vet. prices are good as well. Dr. Spin is Rockys vet

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

i have embrace pet insurance for jameson. it covers all "genetic" issues plus injuries that may occur. i did not get the one that covers yearly physicals etc. i really like them. i have a 500 dollar deductible and have never been denied putting anything towards it. in my first year i also received money back for going over. i pay around 35 a month. i wanted one that covered hip dysplasia, cherry eye etc, so that is why i chose them

as for vets...i don't take my boys to the bulldog vet in staten island because i live upstate but he is the vet to go to for issues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads