Pain Med

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
I came home and my bulldog was favoring her rear left leg and turns out its only when she puts pressure, pads are ok no bleeding or anything and doesnt hurt anywhere else. Checked her leg and hip and no pain either. Can i give her Tylenol or some other pain med for the meantime till i get her to a vet. I live in a rural area and have no vets till Tuesday so wanted to do Tylenol and if i can how much of a dosage is recomended. I looked on the site but cant seem to find anything on Tylenol. Thanks .

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
TYLENOL can be TOXIC to dogs! A safer bet is baby aspirin...one 81 mg. baby aspirin every 12 hours not to exceed a couple of days. Aspirin builds up in a dogs organs and can become toxic. If the baby aspirin doesn't ease your Bullie's pain within 24 hours it would probably be a good idea to consult your vet as soon as possible. Good luck!

burlyboy

Aug 10, 2011
I came home and my bulldog was favoring her rear left leg and turns out its only when she puts pressure, pads are ok no bleeding or anything and doesnt hurt anywhere else. Checked her leg and hip and no pain either. Can i give her Tylenol or some other pain med for the meantime till i get her to a vet. I live in a rural area and have no vets till Tuesday so wanted to do Tylenol and if i can how much of a dosage is recomended. I looked on the site but cant seem to find anything on Tylenol. Thanks .

No, no, no, do NOT give Tylenol! That is poisonous to dogs!!! Do NOT give ibuprofen or naproxen sodium either!!! The only thing you could give her is a very low dose of aspirin, but give with food because it is hard on their stomachs. Maybe a baby aspirin (81 mg) in the morning with food. But if her stool turns black or has black streaks in it, stop giving it to her because it is making her stomach bleed.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would have to agree with what donna said. i give sarah baby aspirin on occasion and she does fine with it. i hope she gets better soon.

Last edited:
OP
kiss1069

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
I want to thank you guys for the info, i did find where you shouldnt give aleve or ibuprofen so i didnt do the tylenol...we did however continued to observe her and see what might be the problem...we noticed that one of her nails which although cut short was kinda curled inward and so we went ahead and trimmed it as much as possible. As i stated before, there was no cut or sore or bleeding so we werent sure what was causing it. Eventually we noticed that she was walking on her leg again still favoring it just a tad so were hoping that the nail was the problem and not anything else. If she continues this way for the rest of the weekend, then i might just save myself a vet trip but we will continue to monitor her and see what she does in the next 2 days....again thank you all for your help and have a great LONG weekend.

Regards,
Ren

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope Coda is feeling better soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.