Heff Food

H

heff101

Ok we have tried several different types of dog food for Heff and just can not find one that seems to be the "one" for him.
Just changed him to Acana Wild Prairie (1 month). This seems to have gotten his popping under control but now his face is smelly and his nose rope is constantly wet & gunky and he is drinking like there is no tomorrow. Heff has suddenly become more aggressive and started peeing on his bed again. My wife did some research and she thinks its the higher protein content 33%???
Unfortunately where I live Fromm is not available. One store will bring it in for me but I am looking at $85.00/bag.
I have decided to bite the bullet and get some Fromm brought in to try it.
So now what I want to know is which formula is the best to use and do some of you mix the canned with the dry??? I notice most Fromm are around 30% protein content. Is this ok?
Any info will help.
Thanks

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i don't know about fromm, but that seems like a ridiculously high price. you guys don't have any companies that ship food up there in canada? also, not a lot of people on here feed natural balance but Brooke has been on it since she came home from the breeder and does great. She eats the newer natural balance alpha dog, the trout salmon and whitefish formula, they also have a chicken turkey and duck one and a lamb chicken and rabbit one if he has any fish issues. they are all grain free and sold at more places than fromm.

jbilling888

Aug 19, 2010
I have tried all of the foods too over the years and some will work for a short period of time. I have had my Bullies on Holistic Select Radiant Adult or Nourish puppy for about 2 years and I have not had one single problem with any of my bullies. I use the Fish version, however my mother uses the Duck formula and neither one of us has had a single problem.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed FROMM 4 Star Pork and Applesauce and they are doing good on it. I tried the Duck and Sweetpotato and Lucy turned red and itched, so we took that back and got the Pork. She also does good on the surf and turf but Buddy will not eat it, but he eats the Duck.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake started on the Fromm surf n turf..but since it has a tiny bit of chicken in it..he was just okay on it. I switched him to beef fritatta and he is much better..I'm actually not sure I've found the right food either..but I'm sticking with it for a time. I hate switching foods! As far as natural balance that [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] spoke of..I know lots of bullies that do very well on their limited ingredient formulas...in fact..that I'd what my vet puts the bullies in her practice on and most of them do fine. If that was easier and cheaper to get..I would give it a try. I think it will be the next one I try if Jakes :poo: doesn't improve eventually. Food is so tough..but $85 a bag is highway robbery!!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
they sell it at petco, which most people have around them. it is kinda expensive but when we got Brooke our breeder sent us home with a box of like 100 samples in individual bags and each bag has a $4 (says $3 but rings up at $4) off coupon. So that helps a little. Sometimes there is other coupons and sales you can take advantage of also. And if you have a petco card every ten bags of food you buy gets you one free!

OP
H

heff101

Has anyone tried Royal Canine bulldog formula?

OP
H

heff101

ugh this is only making it more confusing for me.....anyone wanna buy Heff? lol

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
ugh this is only making it more confusing for me.....anyone wanna buy Heff? lol
lol YES! hes a babe! did you talk to your vet about the food? we ended up having to feed him iam's KO which is made with kanagroo meat. Any other kinda meat he seems to be allergic too.

OP
H

heff101

Me..me!! I do..I do......you better not be teasing me!! :tease:

You do realize I am not included in the deal right??? lol

Once I receive your certified chq for 1 million dollars I will personally deliver him to you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online