Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM??

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I posted this in another thread but it seems to have got lost ... so thought I'd start a new thread.

The vet wants to put Maggie on this supplement - Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM - because she found that her two back knees are loose. The vet thinks she willl benefit from it.

Has anybody else used this supplement??

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have tried it with Lucy but stopped it before we were able to see a difference. A change in her diet provides what she needs. However, we have a very good friend that has an older lab (I think she is at least 14?) and he uses it and swears that the improvement was like night and day.

I did some research on it before I used it for Lucy and it doesn't seem to have side effects either. It is kind of expensive too but I think that if it is needed, then it would be money well spent!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We used this with our rottie...she had so many other problems it was hard to see what helped and what didn't! We did have success with that companies cosequin..same thing for cats..when we used it on our old kitty who had advanced arthritis in his front legs.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I have experience with a similar product named Cosequin made by the same company. My Lucy was 5 months old when she had a tibial tuberosity avulsion fracture. She needed surgery. Even when she was completely healed and the ortho released her she would limp when she got up from resting and it would break my heart to see such a young pup limp like she was an old lady.

We started Cosequin a few months later and it is like she never had the surgery. I wish I could do a testimonial on a commercial--it was like night and day. Now, it took about a month to reach the full effect but after that month--Lucy was BACK!!

Not sure if your Maggie has allergies but we hit a roadblock because my Lucy was sensitive to something in the chewable formation. If that should be the case you can use the capsule, open it and sprinkle it in some wet food and give it to her that way. She is doing great on the capsules.

I am not sure what we pay-but in my eyes it is worth whatever they are charging. If cost is an issue I wonder if a human grade joint supplement would work? Like a chondrotin-glucosamin supplement?? (Under the supervision of a vet of course)

If you go that route I hope your pup has the same positive results my girl is having.

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I'm giving this to Meilyr right now. I know the initial dose is 2 chewables for the first 4 to 6 week. Haven't been able to see the benefit yet because he's only been on it for 2 weeks. My vet told me the company does FDA like testing by choice and has been rated as high quality. I got a bag of 84 chews for $46.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Here's the bag I got. I give it to him in the morning and in the evening when he goes to sleep.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315006360.746774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315006360.746774.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 140
OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks everybody ... I think we're going to give it a go!! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.