Please help! Skin rash? scrape?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok - for those that have seen my posts before, I will sound like a broken record, but if you have not done so already get a full screen allergy test down when you go to the vet.... it will tell you every thing he is allergic to. Also, I agree with others -- looks like a hotspot and Listerine will help clear it up. They are very itchy, seepy and will crust up as they go away. And, Benedryl is much better than Zyertc... you can give up to 100 mg per day..... my two bullies get 50 in the morning and 50 at night. Both are allergic to every tree, grass and weed known to man!

OP
H

HugoMop

Aug 23, 2011
Verdict = HOT SPOT!!!

I'm sure there is a home remedy but not knowing what it was and being such a newbie with this I just bit the bullet! They tried to shave and clean it but he wouldn't even let them get near him. So they're going to give him a mild sedative, shave and clean it up.

He made it sound like it was rare for a bulldog to get them, or maybe he meant the location? Other wise he said that Hugo is extremely healthy! Phew what a morning!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, now he is on the road to recovery, that's great news.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My BabyGirl had a similar problem after having a few bites of yam. Her whole face got crusty and oozie. Apples will cause a more minor reaction to her face. Just hit and miss right now. She has no problem with green beans and carrots though. Try to keep a diary of what your dog is eating including any snacks.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow! I am so glad you took him in. He will feel so much better soon. What did they say to use on it? Did they give you something?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
As fast as it came on I was going to say hot spot. Keep the area clean and dry, and suspect it was food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.