My heart is broken....

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I had to drop off Hannah at the vets this afternoon. I know she hates me now. She doesn't understand why I left her in a scary place. Then she's gonna go to surgery and wake up all sore and painful and still not understand why the person she trusted dropped her off to do such terrible things to her. She doesn't understand that it's going to help her. I'm heartbroken knowing that she's there without me and in a small cage. Oh man... I can't imagine how confused she is right now!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh *HUGE HUGS* I think you need them. Hannah will feel much better when she heals and when you go to pick her up, she will understand you are there to protect and care for her. She may be confused now, but when she sees you again, she will understand.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
:hug: I felt exactly that way when I dropped Hank off for his procedures. I was worried sick until he was in my car heading home. Just remember that you left her there because you love her and want her to have a normal life. She will still

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aww, hugs! I'd like to think that they're mostly sleeping when they're in the kennel. They're going to do a fantastic job on her and she'll definitely forget about today once you pick her up.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'll be honest .... when I first read the title of your thead i was devastated that something really bad had happened!!! So first of all .... phew!!! :whew: Don't do that to me [MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION]!!!

Hannah was undoutedbly petted and loved all the time .... and as [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] said ... slept the rest of the time. I believe our babies pick up on what we're feeling, and she knows that you were going to be coming back for her. Then sense that kind fo thing... :hug:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
AWWWWW I completely understand.. it will all be over before you know it.. I think that is ultimately the WORST thing when we have to leave our babies in the care of others.. I was a mess when I went to pick up Duke after his eye surgery.. I remember the one vet tech hugged me because I was crying so bad..

I always say to my husband I just wish they could talk so we could explain to them that we will be back.. Keep us posted and BIG BIG hugs!!!! Hang in there

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Thanks guys!!! I called yesterday and talked with her nurse. This place is great. It's run like a hospital. They all love her there. She said Hannah was doing her butt wiggle for them. It made me feel so much better... then coming on here and knowing that this is a normal way to feel... Phew!!! Thanks everyone. I'll let ya know when she's done with surgery!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Thought I'd share this picture... We made it to the city where the vets were a bit early yesterday, but Hannah and I found this little park with a river by the hiking trail. I captured a moment... One of my favorite photos of Miss Hannah!

IMG_7414.jpg

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
No, I can't keep her. Then I can't foster her anymore. But she will make someone an awesome family member. I just have to find the right home.

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I meant to say... then I can't foster any other dog. I know Freudian slip!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That's the really cool thing about dogs. I wish all humankind would be like dogs. No matter how painful it gets, the dog always forgives you when she gets you back. A lot of humans don't realize that the grudge that they are holding for 20 years was nothing but the other person's attempt to do what he thought was best and failed... and no matter how hard the other person tries to make them understand it, the damage is done and the grudge keeps them apart for 20 years...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.