Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My heart is broken....

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default My heart is broken....

I had to drop off Hannah at the vets this afternoon. I know she hates me now. She doesn't understand why I left her in a scary place. Then she's gonna go to surgery and wake up all sore and painful and still not understand why the person she trusted dropped her off to do such terrible things to her. She doesn't understand that it's going to help her. I'm heartbroken knowing that she's there without me and in a small cage. Oh man... I can't imagine how confused she is right now!!!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My heart is broken....

Oh, gosh *HUGE HUGS* I think you need them. Hannah will feel much better when she heals and when you go to pick her up, she will understand you are there to protect and care for her. She may be confused now, but when she sees you again, she will understand.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

I felt exactly that way when I dropped Hank off for his procedures. I was worried sick until he was in my car heading home. Just remember that you left her there because you love her and want her to have a normal life. She will still
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ohhh..you are doing the best for Hannah..you have shown her such love...she will love you and not hold this against you!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Aww, hugs! I'd like to think that they're mostly sleeping when they're in the kennel. They're going to do a fantastic job on her and she'll definitely forget about today once you pick her up.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'll be honest .... when I first read the title of your thead i was devastated that something really bad had happened!!! So first of all .... phew!!! Don't do that to me @bulldog family!!!

Hannah was undoutedbly petted and loved all the time .... and as @savemejeebus said ... slept the rest of the time. I believe our babies pick up on what we're feeling, and she knows that you were going to be coming back for her. Then sense that kind fo thing...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

AWWWWW I completely understand.. it will all be over before you know it.. I think that is ultimately the WORST thing when we have to leave our babies in the care of others.. I was a mess when I went to pick up Duke after his eye surgery.. I remember the one vet tech hugged me because I was crying so bad..

I always say to my husband I just wish they could talk so we could explain to them that we will be back.. Keep us posted and BIG BIG hugs!!!! Hang in there

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys!!! I called yesterday and talked with her nurse. This place is great. It's run like a hospital. They all love her there. She said Hannah was doing her butt wiggle for them. It made me feel so much better... then coming on here and knowing that this is a normal way to feel... Phew!!! Thanks everyone. I'll let ya know when she's done with surgery!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Thought I'd share this picture... We made it to the city where the vets were a bit early yesterday, but Hannah and I found this little park with a river by the hiking trail. I captured a moment... One of my favorite photos of Miss Hannah!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@bulldog family - Love the pic, turned out so beautiful. You're going to be a foster failure and keep her, aren't you?
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

No, I can't keep her. Then I can't foster her anymore. But she will make someone an awesome family member. I just have to find the right home.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuke View Post
    I always say to my husband I just wish they could talk so we could explain to them that we will be back.. Keep us posted and BIG BIG hugs!!!! Hang in there
    Ummmm...so you're sayin' Duke DOESN'T talk to you? Uh oh......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads