Help!! Compulsive grass eating...nausea?

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So, we started doing a food switch on Lola last week, and one night she threw up. :barf: Since then everytime we go outside, she runs all around like a crazy dog and eats anything near her. Grass, weeds, plants, leaves, you name it. Also, while inside she licks the carpet, couch, tile. I've read that eating grass is supposed to settle their stomach and that's why they do it. Do you think she's just nauseous? She hasn't thrown up since, she's just not acting right. I put her on a bland diet (rice and boiled ground beef) for a couple of days, and it was better until this morning when she started with the grass eating again. #1 I think I'm going back to her old food, and #2 I'm thinking of trying Pepcid for a while. Any thoughts?

btw, the food switch was from Fromm Surf and Turf to Fromm Adult Gold. Before that she was on Fromm Puppy Gold and did great. The Surf and Turf took care of the gas, but her tear stains came back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our pups get 10 mg of antiacid a day - 20 mins before each meal. It helped with the gas and tummy issues. However, they still lick and eat grass... our vet said it is just something they do/like.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
all five of mine eat grass, lick furniture, and pretty much taste everything in sight. :excited:

I'm pretty sure this is normal. You can tell her not to do it, that's what I do.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
When mine were younger they loved leaves, now they have pretty much stopped that unless the wind blows one across the concrete and they will chase it. Really did not eat grass much Buddy when he was younger loved to eat branched off the plants, I think he thought it was a game, and has since stopped it. They do like to lick furniture the walls, and us. haha

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Oooooo lex will be 19 months Tom and he goes nuts over dang leaves... We think way back in his blood line hes related to the plant eater dinosaurs lmao...

"Not sure how to spell it so I just said that hehe"

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus tries to eat the taller whispy grass that's missed by the mower and he loves loves lives to chomp on the leaves of our corn stalks. Go figure we have him on a grain free diet and he goes right to the stalks.. :/

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.