mange?

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
How conatus is mange the neighbor across the street fromus dog is missing big patches of fur allover its body:eek:. She isnā€™t friendly so I have not asked what is wrong. Iā€™m just worried for spike I donā€™t want him to catch anything.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, there are two kinds. Demodex, which is not contagious, and Systemic (is that the right word??) that is contagious. I would just stay away.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, I just thought that there was a post here that someone talked about the difference between the two and how one kind, even humans can get and they get very sick....I wish I could remember the thread. I will go search.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Correction..I just did a quick google search and it is Sarcoptic mange (not systemic, I knew it started with an S) is the contagious one.

OP
flower21clr

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
I'm not sure like I said she is not friendly. Once they went away and one of the kids left there hose on and it broke I noticed and turned it off. When I went across the street to tell them. she was rude and acused me of using thier hose.I have my own why would I need to use hers? Next time I will let her basement flood! I was just wondering the dog stays across the street and I won't take spike near there now. I have noticed that she been wiping him down on the porch at night. I will keep a close eye on spike Thanks

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
If it makes you feel any better, Demodex is the most common and if it IS mange, most likely the one that dog has. It could also be lots of other reasons why it is losing it's hair....could be allergies?

OP
flower21clr

flower21clr

Aug 13, 2011
Clearfield pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Sorry I must seem like a nut but I try to keep everyone in my family healthy baby babies to fur babies. All my concern is out of love for them the four of them.jpg here is a pic of all my babies this mornig. It was the first day of school I'm not sure who missed each other more the girls or spike

millie007

Sep 1, 2011
Camp Toilets

Camp Toilets
TheLAShop.com, we are a direct importer and vendor of small business equipment & home goods. Buy at wholesale prices : Aquarium Supplies, Bicycle Motor, Business & Industrial, Exercise Fitness Equipment & much more.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.