Bumps bumps and more bumps

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Ok as I post this I am thinking about our vets comments about naming a wing after tubs and the fact that we are considered frequent visitors. Earlier in the week Tubs had a bump or two on his back. Animax always helped in the past. I put this on the bumps/sores, but is seems like he has more on his back. They are kind of scabby. Today he s laying on the floor on his side and I noticed he had a bunch of red bumps on his belly. I got really nervous about this and scooped him up and took him to my parent's house to give him a bath. I scrubbed him up good, dried him all up and treated him with advantage. I don't know if he was getting bit by something or if it might be something else. My dad thought it might be fleas, but I didn't see anything. I put animax on the bumps/sores that were really bad. Are there any suggestions for what this might be? Should I take him to the vet or should a wait to see if the bath and the animax helps? Any help for my baby boy would be greatly appeciated!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Forgive me if this has already been covered in another post ..... what known allergies does he have? If the bumps are just on his stomach he could be lying on something that he is allergic to.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
He never had these bumps before and they started on his back and sides. The ones on his belly were not there yesterday. We have laminate flooring which he prefers to lay on but he will lay on our rug in our bedroom. He hasn't had problems before laying on the rugs.....As far as allergies....he was treated for seasonal allergies for runny nose and goopy eyes but he hasn't had any skin issues before.....hmmm I'm at a loss

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I also have a shark steam mop so the floors are not cleaned with chemicals!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
.......... something in the grass? Or have you changed his food?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
What food is he on?

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Blue.....we have had numerous food changes before this and this seems to be the best one for him. No problems with his tear stains and no gas!!!!!!! He has been on it for at least 6 months now.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm thinking it could be seasonal allergies possibly .. we are battling awful sore eye wrinkles with Maggie right now. Something is making her eyes water and she is so red and sore poor baby!!

Sorry ...... that's all I can think of if you haven't changed ANYTHING else!!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
take the rug up it could be contact allergy to wool,i know mine scratches like crazy if she comes into contact with wool,she started this at 11 months,karen

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks all.....I will check his belly today when I get home from work. It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but that isn't saying that it's not! I will see how he is when I get home from work around lunch time. If he isn't better I might call the vet to have him checked out!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
seasonal allergies are just outrageous right now.. I am thinking it sounds like he came in contact with something that irritated him.. ? I would keep your eye on it and if it gets worse then call the vet.. we too OWN a wing at our vets place! :lmao:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Everyone gave you great advice. I did want to say that seasonal allergies are KILLING me...I have been watery eyes, congested, and coughing for about a month now and my allergy meds are barely touching it. Also, Gypsy and Gator have some pretty nasty redness in their eye wrinkles that we are battling twice a day even WITH benedryl so it could be just a manifestation of an environmental allergy?

I hope it doesn't progress. Keep us posted!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] I am in the same boat! Brutus has been on the same food, no changes with anything and he has the same red bumps that almost look scabby. Plus, where these bumps were he's now losing the hair there! He's always treated for ticks and fleas and this just happened almost overnight. We haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I took him to the vet and they had no idea either :( I used medicated shampoo and that got rid of almost all of the bumps, but I just noticed there a couple more again! :( I think we need to go back...he's acting plenty normal, but it's just the bumps. Grrr lol. If I have any other updates I will def tell you right away!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION]....that sounds just like what Tubs has on his back and sides. It is almost like dry flaky skin where these bumps are and he is losing his hair (very small patches) due to the flaky skin.

And update for everyone else.....I just took another look at his belly. He still had the red bumps all over his belly, but I don't think they are as red as they were yesterday. Maybe not as irritated. I will give him another day to see if they get any better, if not I will definitely take him to the vet on Friday!

Thank you all for the advice!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.