Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumps bumps and more bumps

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bumps bumps and more bumps

Everyone gave you great advice. I did want to say that seasonal allergies are KILLING me...I have been watery eyes, congested, and coughing for about a month now and my allergy meds are barely touching it. Also, Gypsy and Gator have some pretty nasty redness in their eye wrinkles that we are battling twice a day even WITH benedryl so it could be just a manifestation of an environmental allergy?

I hope it doesn't progress. Keep us posted!

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

@speechmom53 I am in the same boat! Brutus has been on the same food, no changes with anything and he has the same red bumps that almost look scabby. Plus, where these bumps were he's now losing the hair there! He's always treated for ticks and fleas and this just happened almost overnight. We haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I took him to the vet and they had no idea either I used medicated shampoo and that got rid of almost all of the bumps, but I just noticed there a couple more again! I think we need to go back...he's acting plenty normal, but it's just the bumps. Grrr lol. If I have any other updates I will def tell you right away!
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

@NJBullyMommy....that sounds just like what Tubs has on his back and sides. It is almost like dry flaky skin where these bumps are and he is losing his hair (very small patches) due to the flaky skin.

And update for everyone else.....I just took another look at his belly. He still had the red bumps all over his belly, but I don't think they are as red as they were yesterday. Maybe not as irritated. I will give him another day to see if they get any better, if not I will definitely take him to the vet on Friday!

Thank you all for the advice!!!!

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

@speechmom53...how are the bumps going? Brutus seems to be doing a bit better. The bumps are going away on their own, but he's got these spots all over him now where there's no hair They're not huge, but it makes me feel so bad! I hope you're Tubs is improving as well!!!
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Griz has issues too right now. Raised Redness spots about the size of a quarter, on his belly and inside of legs. His neck skin and eye wrinkles are almost raw and very wet all the time since about the beginning of August. Time for us to go to the vet. I've tried just about all the home remedies I can think of. Somebody help me please
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

First off, I would check for mange because it can manifest with bumps or rashes or just red skin with hair loss. So can hot spots. I think it best to go to the doc and find out what it is so that you can treat it properly. Any pics?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for the delay with the update! Tubs seems to be doing better. The redness started getting better right after the bath. I have also been putting animax on all the spots that were worse than the others and they clear up right away. It seems like all of our bullies are suffering from the same thing. His red bumps were on his belly and inside his hind legs. He even had the ones on his back which got scabby and caused some hair loss. They are about the size of an eraser. The animax works so fast......I love that stuff! I hope everyone else gets better soon too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

This is EXACTLY what I'm going through with Roxi right now! I'm about to go crazy! She will try to scratch at them every now and then but for the most part she doesn't act like they bother her. Her right shoulder area is the worst! It seem as if there are just bumps on top of bumps around that area. Some of them are actually beginning to weep and scab and she is losing hair in those areas. We are going back to the vet tomorrow if they aren't any better. Do y'all have any suggestions other than benadryl?
    "My Windows Aren't Dirty...That's My Dog's Nose Art!"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Besito
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'm thinking it could be seasonal allergies possibly .. we are battling awful sore eye wrinkles with Maggie right now. Something is making her eyes water and she is so red and sore poor baby!!

Sorry ...... that's all I can think of if you haven't changed ANYTHING else!!
    If it helps I am going through the same with Besito and I am using Zincofax and so far is working really well the sores are drying and is keeping the rest of the wrinkles dry

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.183735,-122.953374

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads