Blisters on chin?

ChubbsMamma

Aug 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
We got our EB Chubbs about 3 weeks ago and he was really red and irritated on his face. I have been cleaning them and putting on A&D ointment everyday. Also I have switched his food from Pedigree to Blue Wilderness (grain free) His Wrinkles on his face look a ton better, hardly red. But last night I noticed that under his chin he has some red blisters. I have been trying to clean his chin just like his face but they look like they really hurt. What do you suggest I do for those? Thanks in advance for any help.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake gets those from tome to time. The best thing I found was dermachlor wipes..but unfortunately I think they are being discontinued. I did get some malaket wipes..hmm..not sure I spelled that right! You can get them on Amazon..not expensive and work great! I'll check spelling and fix this so you can check them out!Ok fixed!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Again, welcome. Some of that can be just from being wet all the time. Try to dry his face after drinking. Some people don't leave water out for them but give them their water several times a day to that they can wipe afterwards. Bullies are like a toddler sometimes and need caring for accordingly. Another source of the sore chin is food allergies which is a whole new topic. But your switching to a better food may help.... give it some more time before deciding whether to change again or not. He is definitely a cutie, sore chin or not!!! LOL

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Using any food or water bowl other than stainless can cause that. With bullys you definitely want to stick with stainless steel water and food bowls. It could also be food related? How long ago did you make the switch? Pedigree is NOT a good food so it could be from that if your switch was recent. My Samson has had bad reactions from food before that took over a month to heal from. If it has been over a month since the switch AND you are already using all stainless steel bowls it could be the new food, the Blue Wilderness. It is a good food but what works for one bully may not for another. For example, alot of people here have great success with the Fromm Beef Frittata but it did NOT set well with my Samson. Food is a trial and error kind of thing unfortunately, I've probably tried 6-7 different very high quality foods and Samson only did well on 2 of them.

OP
ChubbsMamma

ChubbsMamma

Aug 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
Thanks for the replies!! He is using stainless steel bowls so I don't think that is the problem. I started to switch his foods right after we got him home so he's completely been on the Blue Wilderness for about two weeks now, so I will give it a couple more weeks then if no improvement I think I will try FROMM since I have heard some really good things about it on here.

I will for sure start drying his chin as often as possible after he drinks as well. Hopefully these go away as well, it makes me feel bad that he has ouchies.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Seems like this is a fairly common problem w/our bullies. Tate had "puppy acne" all over his chin area too--reddish bumps that seemed to sting him. Like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, Mal-A-Ket pads helped him a lot. It's a combo antibacterial/antifungal medication which i got from the vet's. You may want to give those a try.
Good luck!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Mr. Wilson gets irritated on his chin quite frequently. After I completely wash and dry his chin I put a thin layer of desitin or even just vaseline. Just putting some moisture barrier type ointment like this prevents the water from just sitting on his skin. Of course frequent wiping his chin of water or drool helps too. Usually clears up after a couple of days. I just gotta keep up with it. He is also on a grain free food and has stainless steel bowls.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It could just be regular old puppy acne. I used to use Duoxo wipes (on amazon) then I switched to using panalog (which worked pretty good but you can only get at the vet) and finally, I am trying the stridex GENTLE pads right now. If they break open, I find that just putting neosporin on them is pretty effective. Don't know if it is kind of like a barrier or that the antibiotic ointment is working. This problem has driven me NUTS!!!! With Gator it finally cleared with a food change (like the fourth lol) but Gypsy still battles it here and there. Good luck! I know it is frustrating!

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
We also use Mal-A-Ket wipes and don't let Samson drink from a water dish anylonger he now drinks out of one of those gerbil bottles. We had a lot of issues with him breaking out on his chin, it's since cleared up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.