Ohhhhhh Chunk

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I really love that cone. It looks very comfortable. Wilson has had an eye ulcer twice on the same eye. The first time he had to have his eye sewn shut and second time he had entropion surgery on both eyes and he had to wear that hard uncomfortable type cone. I was so shook up about the ulcer and I thought it might have been caused by my thorny rosebushes so I yanked them all out of my back yard. I'm not really sure what causes it. In any case I am very aware of his eye issues and make sure I stay on top of it with the vet. BTW Chunk looks like a Morning Glory flower.:laugh:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] ... That cone really is a godsend. After what we went through with the harder cones (even the comfy cone), I will only use this or that inflatable type in the future. Even though it's super flimsy, it still stops him from scratching. And I agree ... I keep calling him "flower power"! :p Have to make myself laugh because he looks so sad!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor Chunk! Even in his misery he looks adorable.

We couldn't find a soft cone like that when we needed one for HRH. The inflatable one wasn't helpful at all. I ended up returning it. But since that time I have found soft ones, so if the need arises again I know where to get one.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Duke sends big hugs.. feel better soon big guy!!! we feel your pain but its a good thing you took him before it got any worse. it will clear up in no time!! :smoochwink:

L

Lucy-licious

aww poor Chunk, I hope he gets weel soon, even though he does look extra cute in his cone :love:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks again everyone. I had to wake the poor guy up this morning (usually he wakes me by 6:30am the latest) to eat and have meds. He's super sleepy with 10 minute bursts of energy. Glad he's resting though.

Took this pic last night ... normally I can't get near him when he's sleeping 'cause he jumps up to play ... he didn't wake up at all til his Daddy came home and then he put himself to bed.
1000001508.jpg

And here he is enjoying the sun and wind from my sunroof on our ride home from his bath. :) He was SUCH a good boy for them and while we were in Petco.
1000001512.jpg

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Poor chunk.. Lex told me to tell his momma to take that nasty thing off him!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] ... Tell Lex that Chunk's had it off all day except when I can't watch him ... and if he keeps being a good boy it will stay off! At least it's super flimsy. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Chunk is a very brave boy. What a sweetie...i too hope he gets well soon and the eye ailments will be a thing of the past!

I got Tate a soft collar from PetCo once but had to return it b/c Finn kept ripping it open (it stuck w/velcro), so it wasn't any use. Chunk's looks a lot more lightwt than the one i got...where did you find it, for future reference :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk is a very brave boy. What a sweetie...i too hope he gets well soon and the eye ailments will be a thing of the past!

I got Tate a soft collar from PetCo once but had to return it b/c Finn kept ripping it open (it stuck w/velcro), so it wasn't any use. Chunk's looks a lot more lightwt than the one i got...where did you find it, for future reference :)

We got this one from the vet ... probably paid an arm and a leg for it and it's not made of anything crazy. It reminds me of reinforced construction paper that is somewhat waterproof and has a little tie to tighten it around his neck. I'll find out the brand on our next appt! That way maybe we can find them online. :D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
This is how flimsy it is ... here's a video of him playing in it (first time he has wanted to really play in a few days ... unfortunately I missed video taping the insane running around he was doing first) ... it just makes me laugh ... he looks so silly.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online