GREAT product for wrinkles

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
It's by prescription only but neo-predef powder is awesome for irritated wrinkles. I took Samson for his annual exam back in May, at the time his wrinkles were not looking too great, he had recently had a bad reaction to a new food and there was a really high pollen count which was terrible for his allergies. Both of those things were making his eyes water like crazy and his face was just a mess. My vet raved about this neo-predef powder so I tried it. It's pretty pricey from the vet but if you get it from places like Dr Fosters & Smith it's much cheaper. Just wanted to share because it worked so great on Samson and I am sure would for other bully owners out there battling with icky wrinkles or really any skin fold (tail pockets, between paw pads, etc) :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] is it prescription only? I am having a hard time with Vegas's right eye wrinkle/tear stains due to allergies right now.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
TessaAndSamson is it prescription only? I am having a hard time with Vegas's right eye wrinkle/tear stains due to allergies right now.

Yes, prescription only. You said you are taking Vegas to the vet soon for his anal glands/routine stuff right? I say ask your vet about it and even if he doesn't carry it or if he does and you want to get it cheaper you could order it online (I went to Dr Fosters and Smith but I am sure lots of places sell it) as long as you have a prescription from your vet.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have some of that stuff. My vet gave it to me along with mal-e-ket wipes for his interdigital cysts

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just got the neo predef powder mailed to me today for Tate's wrinkles/tear stains. I'm going to try it out this evening and will let you guys know if i see any improvement in the coming days. [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] had a lot of luck with this product for Samson so I'm hopeful this will help my wrinkly boy out too!

Anyone else try this stuff since this original thread from last year?

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I use TRITOP for wrinkles. The Neo-predef powder really just 'gunked' up in the wrinkles and didn't do much. My Vet gave me the TriTop, and I find with Maximus, the creams/ointments do a better job than powders, but every dog is different.

L

Lucy-licious

On a slight side note...I came bouncig in here after seeing the title because I thought you'd found some miracle cream to erase my wrinkles :eek:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I use TRITOP for wrinkles. The Neo-predef powder really just 'gunked' up in the wrinkles and didn't do much. My Vet gave me the TriTop, and I find with Maximus, the creams/ointments do a better job than powders, but every dog is different.

That's a good point. I'm finding it a bit of a challenge applying the powder on Tate's face. Not sure if the medication is penetrating or just falling off. I've been experimenting w/applying w/my fingers or w/a cotton ball. I'll keep doing it and see if his face clears up. Will also keep the TriTop in mind in case the powder doesn't work out.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I just googled that and some article mentioned that if the problem doesn't clear in a few days with this stuff you shouln't continue using it. It's heavy stuff. I vouch for Desitin myself. Usko's other wrinkle had a bold spot and it just wasn't going away no matter waht we used. Two weeks of Colloidal silver and desitin twice a day and his wrinkles are like little puppys! We don't have Desitin in Finland and our diaper rash creams are so mild that they wouldn't do the trick, but luckily Amazon delivers.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] - I've been using Desitin on lots of stuff lately. Stuff is great.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online