Fluconazole?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator had a really bad reaction to an antibiotic a bit ago and since has had some serious yeasty issues. I know it is from the reaction because it came up almost immediately after the reaction began. The vet gave him a dose of fluconazole (which is diflucan for women/yeast infections). Anyone have experience with this?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Nope. I work in a pharmacy and I can't remember ever dispensing that for a pet. Hmmmm. What did they charge you for it? Just wondering! I work for Costco..so I always like to compare.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Linus was on fluconazole to control some yeast and fungal growth in his ears and when we suspected and had him tested for Valley Fever (which is a somewhat common but serious condition caused by fungus in the dust of a desert).

Linus was only on it a short time (maybe 2 weeks) and didn't have any adverse effects at all. It was very effective.

As I recall, it was somewhat expensive but I can't remember exact how much but I remember the vet saying it was a pricier medication.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
They just gave him two doses. To give one and if symptoms persist, another pill in a week. I didn't look at the receipt so I am not sure how much it costs...I just pay the bill and try to forget how much it costs! lmbo I will keep ya'll posted on how well it works.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You always have the option at filling at Costco (if you have one near you)..even if you are not a member. If you are a member, you can sign up to use our CMPP for your pet. It's a discount that we give members who do not have insurance for themselves or their dependents. Since pets are dependents and don't carry prescription drug coverage, it's a great program. Fluconazole (150mg is the most popular for woman's yeast infections) runs 3 tabs for 9.50 BEFORE the CMPP discount. There is also 100mg and 200mg. For 30 tablets, these run $15.30 to $19.95 before the CMPP discount. Very worth while for pets. In fact, we have alot of Vets office's that purchase drugs from us to sell in their clinic.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You always have the option at filling at Costco (if you have one near you)..even if you are not a member. If you are a member, you can sign up to use our CMPP for your pet. It's a discount that we give members who do not have insurance for themselves or their dependents. Since pets are dependents and don't carry prescription drug coverage, it's a great program. Fluconazole (150mg is the most popular for woman's yeast infections) runs 3 tabs for 9.50 BEFORE the CMPP discount. There is also 100mg and 200mg. For 30 tablets, these run $15.30 to $19.95 before the CMPP discount. Very worth while for pets. In fact, we have alot of Vets office's that purchase drugs from us to sell in their clinic.
YES!! We took advantage of this for our diabetic cat! His insulin was Lantus..which ran $100..and syringes were $35.. My vet sent us there and even though these were pricey..Costco beat ALL the competitors by $20 on just the insulin..but NEVER ask me how much I spent in Costco waiting for those prescriptions! :laugh: I even tried calling them in so they'd be ready and I STILL spent beaucoup bucks!!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Well, those who don't have a Costco card are not in jeopardy of that. You have to learn to resist. At our Costco, we have people who accuse of of giving long wait times...forcing them to shop. Not true! Costco allows non-members to use our pharmacy also. We try to work with the bare minimum..saving money and passing it onto the customers. After all, if we hired more help...that costs money. The money has to come from somewhere..at it would be in drug price increases. So, typically...a wait for new drop offs is about an hour at our store. I dropped off a prescription for Orion and it still took an hour (I wasn't allowed to type it myself). It's not a ploy to get you to shop..it's how busy we really are. So, calling it in ahead of time is a very good idea. But, with that good idea you also have to have SELF CONTROL. Plus..why do they insist on baking those yummy chocolate muffins first thing in the morning? UGH!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]Well, those who don't have a Costco card are not in jeopardy of that. You have to learn to resist. At our Costco, we have people who accuse of of giving long wait times...forcing them to shop. Not true! Costco allows non-members to use our pharmacy also. We try to work with the bare minimum..saving money and passing it onto the customers. After all, if we hired more help...that costs money. The money has to come from somewhere..at it would be in drug price increases. So, typically...a wait for new drop offs is about an hour at our store. I dropped off a prescription for Orion and it still took an hour (I wasn't allowed to type it myself). It's not a ploy to get you to shop..it's how busy we really are. So, calling it in ahead of time is a very good idea. But, with that good idea you also have to have SELF CONTROL. Plus..why do they insist on baking those yummy chocolate muffins first thing in the morning? UGH!
:laugh: ohhh yes..the choc chip muffins! :drool: ohhhh..I wasn't complaining! I love Costco! I mean in my universe it makes perfect sense to buy 6 tubes of toothpaste..24 rolls of paper towels ..detergent by the drum..I mean..really..there ARE two of us in this house..you know! People that is! :yes:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
I LOVE Costco! I go about once a week :). We buy all of our school cleaning supplies there as well so I usually shop for myself when I am getting school stuff.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You should complain. Those chocolate muffins are bait!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Yeah, me too. I'm back to work on Monday..(been off since last Wednesday due to O's ouchie) I think I will pick up some of those muffins for our camping trip. I only have a 2 day work week! Oh, and I didn't intend to imply that I thought you were complaining. I just started talking about Costco and blah blah blah. I just reread what I wrote and DANG IT....it did seem like I was implying that you are a complainer. But no...I was using it to plug Costco and how great they are with filling animal prescriptions at the same time I was COMPLAINING that it took my own staff too long to fill my prescriptions. In fact...I left without picking them up because they were taking too long. (one of them was Orion's eye drops and another was my brand new sleep med)

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr

What program should I be asking for? What does CMPP stand for? I'll be purchasing that although I personally do have insurance for myself. Hope that won't be a problem.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk......Laura

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.