Thread: Zyrtec

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Default Zyrtec

So I called violets vets to ask if I could give it to her and if so what's the dose. Well he said do not give it to her hmm now I'm confused cuz alot of you give it to ur pups.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Zyrtec

I've never used zyrtec but I do give Samson benadryl. It's 1 mg for every 1 lbs so since Samson is 55 lbs I give him 2 of the 25 mg capsules. You have to get the benadryl that only has diphenhydramine as the active ingredient. Here is more info:

Benadryl for Dogs ? BENADRYL FOR DOGS

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Thanks ice been giving her benadryl but I think she's allergic to the dye the equate brand uses so I thought I'd ask my vet about the zyrtec @BabyDuke I know uses it hey so now I'm just wondering why he'd say no. Maybe he doesn't know much about it...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Arwen Undomiel
    Likes (Received)

If you have a Walgreens in your area, they carry a dye free diphenhydramine.
    -The Voices

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...pic2793_11.gif

Just remember that 98.34% of all people will make up statistics 86.27% of the time that lean towards their own opinion by at least 51%. Of course I'm not 100% sure about that...

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    If you have a Walgreens in your area, they carry a dye free diphenhydramine.
    Awesome thanks! Ill go today

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Hi there.. yes I would ask why.. we were told by the vet dermatologist at the university of Penn to give it to Duke.. He has been on it for over a year. his reasoning for switching from benadryl to zrtec was because he feels it does not dry their eyes as much and duke had had eye surgery when he was young? I prefer it much more. Benadryl makes Duke dopy and depressed and I do not see a difference in his personality with zrtec but it really helps keeping the itchies at bay.. I am curious too as to why he said not to use it?

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuke View Post
    Hi there.. yes I would ask why.. we were told by the vet dermatologist at the university of Penn to give it to Duke.. He has been on it for over a year. his reasoning for switching from benadryl to zrtec was because he feels it does not dry their eyes as much and duke had had eye surgery when he was young? I prefer it much more. Benadryl makes Duke dopy and depressed and I do not see a difference in his personality with zrtec but it really helps keeping the itchies at bay.. I am curious too as to why he said not to use it?
    I called and asked the receptionist seemed irritated she had to ask. I have given her it before she seemed fine. But I have a prescription for 10mg I was hoping she would just say give her one or two pills lol violets 30 pounds now.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

My vet also reccommended zyrtec for Roxi's allergies over benadryl. I give Roxi one 10mg zyrtec in the morning (she's 40-45 lbs). It seems to be doing the trick! I have definitely seen an improvement. Her eyes aren't runny all of the time now either. I hope this helps! I know allergies can be so frustrating
    "My Windows Aren't Dirty...That's My Dog's Nose Art!"

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of moving to Zyrtec myself. Gator and Gyps both have environmental allergies and right now it is soooo bad that even I have been just about dying (well, it seems like it anyway lol)

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i have just switched sarah to zyrtec and she is doing fine on it. better than benadryl i think. she didnt react well to a couple of other ones i tried but the zyrtec she is fine with. ive been having to give her one and 1/2 as the air here has been very bad.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Duke is 59-60 pounds.. the vet told us to give him two tablets every 24 hours.. it really does help.. You have to do what your comfortable with but I would def try to find out why he told you not to use? and yes allergies are such a pain. I feel like I could write a book on Duke's!

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

@BabyDuke & @RoxiBear @cowsmommy thanks I'm nit worried since u have made me feel fine about giving it to her I have the 10mg so ill be giving her one today thanks for the info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads