Zyrtec

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'll be watching this thread since Truman has some environmental allergies that we haven't been able to get to the root of yet and he doesn't do that well with Benadryl. It makes him hyper. And he's already hyper. :nope:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
one thing that our dermatologist told us that in order for any allergy medicine to work you have to give it every 24 hours.. so Duke gets two zrtec every morning after breakfast.. once I began this his eyes were much dryer.. wrinkles not wet , no more " butt" spinning..or dreadful scratching.

he also told me ( when I did not like the idea of giving it every day ) that it was pointless to give " as needed" it is a medicine that builds up in their bloodstream and when on regimen keeps things at bay..he told me NOT to worry that he gives to his dogs .. I must say when I started this.. Duke was so much better. Hope this helps.. oh I don't know why he also told me to give it in the morning?? that is why we give after breakfast.. and the dosage is DOUBLE the adult dose.. so that is why we give two tablets. :yes:

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet gets hives daily and red around her eyes super pink hot ears and very pink belly after giving on zyrtec the pinkness is very minimal. I believe violet was having major issues with the dye in the equate brand benadryl. I think I might try one and a half tomorrow see if all her pinkness gos away ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Ok so violets back looks much better today yay!!!! I'm going to try 1 1/2 today

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
;) no sleepiness with 1 1/2 tabs yay the true test will be to see how she looks tonight
Here's q pic of her back which looks much better than it did
4c1471f9-8ca1-3c89.jpg

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
;) no sleepiness with 1 1/2 tabs yay the true test will be to see how she looks tonight
Here's q pic of her back which looks much better than it did
4c1471f9-8ca1-3c89.jpg

Have you tried supplementing fish oil with her diet? that will help her coat as well

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] no I haven't her back had a bunch of bumps and hair loss last week. When I started switching her from Lamb and rice to salmon sweet potatoes and pumpkin she got a few more bumps and stinky gas. But it is now looking better and her hair is growing back. Her coat is normally very nice. But id like it to be nicer. How do I give her the fish oil and what kind would I give her?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i use grizzly salmon oil i get at petco. just a few squirts on her food once a day.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] thanks ill go get some this week.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I love the way the coats feel since we have been giving the salmon oil so good luck with that :). I am glad to hear that the zyrtec is working!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i use the wild alaskan salmon oil from grizzly. just one pump a day over dinner. i started it when Brooklyn was recovering from demodectic mange and her coat looks amazing now. some people's bullies don't like it at first but my Brooke loves it and for the first week or so would take a mouthful of food and lick all of the oil off and spit her food all over the floor and only go eat it all later when the oil was all eaten and she was still hungry. lol

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] lol I have violet on a salmon kibble so maybe she wont notice lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.