Really... Desitin for wrinkles????

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I have a question. After cleaning the folds, you apply destin. You leave it to dry ? You leave it for a few minutes or what?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
WOW what a flashback!! I started that thread when Vegas was 13 months old, next month he will be 4!!!! [MENTION=7819]luis323[/MENTION], I have used Desitin over the years with Vegas's face. Yes you just wipe it on a thin layer and let it dry, do not wipe it off.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
AND.... the reason way back then at 13 months old Vegas stunk so bad was he was on a bad food, once I learned from this site what a good food was, all that smell and sores, and ear infections went away. :2thumbs:

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I have used desitin but I think witch hazel and corn starch or powder work better. I have also mixed baking soda with powder and that works well too. I know you can order the wipes on amazon. Good luck. Once you dry out those folds, I bet his smell will go away

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Have heard you can use it to keep the area dry but if the folds smell maybe they need cleaned more? Or you can use gold bong powder to remove moisture. Have you tried mal-a-ket wipes? Or malecetic wipes also should work, they really clean up everything very well. Someone posted that stridex pads work similarly although I havent tried them.

Does the 'gold BONG powder' go along with the 'dingle ball pants' ? Just asking, lol

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg... I really should proofread better. Sadly... Welcome to Jenn's world! I am sure there is something wrong with every post I make. :LMAO:

Are you kidding me?!! I need every laugh I can get...am so thankful for YOU and your bong & pants, lol

​There's not one thing wrong w/you or your posts...you ROCK! Love you & your bullies (& pug) much!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Does the 'gold BONG powder' go along with the 'dingle ball pants' ? Just asking, lol

We would have to ask [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] about that. She's the one with those pants.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We would have to ask @cali baker about that. She's the one with those pants.

Thanks Lari for straightening me out, after posting that, I remembered it was
@cali baker.

:christmas11: I plead 'bong powder' influence, also, just can't get those cali baker pants erased from my memory!

A

Alaskasmom1

This topic comes up quite a bit of late .............

I can only tell you what worked for me. Mal-a-Ket wipes, followed by DESITIN ointment is what worked for Maximus. He has alot of facial folds and wrinkles that are deep, and the wipes and the DESITIN worked, and worked very well. I would NEVER put powder on a dogs face. I'd like to meet the VET who recommended that one ! Ugh!

I totally agree! Nothing helped Tank and Alaskas tear stains until I invested in the Mal a Ket and Desitin. They are beautiful now and smell so good. I was told to never use powder around the face but I know some do. For us, it just isn't necessary. I made Tank afraid of getting his wrinkles wiped because I tried all of the different remedies and none worked until the Desitin and Mal A Ket

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Thanks Lari for straightening me out, after posting that, I remembered it was
@cali baker.

:christmas11: I plead 'bong powder' influence, also, just can't get those cali baker pants erased from my memory!

:lmaogirl: @ :christmas11: under the influence! I knew Henny would like to know her pants were remembered, so I had to mention her. :girlwacko:

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Ok guys. I just cleaned my bully fold and dry it up good. I put in Destin now. Should i leave it there for mins or just leave it completely?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
WOW what a flashback!! I started that thread when Vegas was 13 months old, next month he will be 4!!!! [MENTION=7819]luis323[/MENTION], I have used Desitin over the years with Vegas's face. Yes you just wipe it on a thin layer and let it dry, do not wipe it off.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I first saw this thread (again), I thought, "What the hell? I would ask [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] about this same advice! Why is SHE askin' US?"

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad my pants left such an impression !! Btw, with warmer weather coming soon, I'll be taking out those dingle ball pants out of hibernation very soon!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.