Ceasar is a bed tinkler..

Mariel

Aug 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ceasar
My 7 year old bully Ceasar has always peed on his bedding no matter what we did but now he's just laying in it too. He stinks. I wash Ceasar and his bedding very often. I've also replaced his bedding to try to get rid of the smell. Washing him so often is hard on his skin and hard on me too. He has a vet appt soon and I'll discuss it with him but anyone have any advice for the meantime. thanks

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Vet appointment is a very good idea. could be bladder, kidney related . How long have you had him? I'm surprised if you have put up with this for 7 years without answers. Yikes

OP
Mariel

Mariel

Aug 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ceasar
We've had him since he was a pup. we used to be able to curb his peeing if we just left his bedding out of his crate at bedtime but now he'll pee either way.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
awww poor guy.. I would have the vet check as well (only because it seems odd that he will lay in it )... maybe something they can do.. does he only do it at night?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How long is Ceasar in his crate? Do you go to work with him in the crate? And then does he sleep in the crate at night?

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
poor thing. You can't help but bathe him so often, if he is smelling. Other than not being able to hold it all night, I couldn't think of an explaination other than that. Hope the vet has an answer for you. Best of Luck to you and Ceasar.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy was very bad when it came to training. He was a rescue from an amish puppy mill, and I firmly believe that a lot of what puppies learn is from their Mum. So if Mum knows no better than to pee in her cage because the poor thing never leaves it then she obviously isn't going to pass anything else on to her pups.

To this day, he still occasionally pees in his cage and only VERY recently (he just turned 1 year old) have I noticed that despite still peeing he now seems to want to kick the blanket off to the side.

So you're not the only one with a bully who pees in his cage, but the fact that he used to not lie in it and now doesn't care if he does or not seems to point to something more. I'm glad you've got the vets appointment. Maybe it's a UTI ........

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
bullys can be dirty i have a bitch and she will pee in her bed and sleep in it,ususlly down to scent marking,it used to drive me crazy but now i ignore it,i wash the top cover and leave the marked one under it and she hasnt peed for a while now,perhaps she thinks shes already peed on it as she can smell it lol,karen

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
My Brutus always wet his bedding in his cage. We would just take him out and he would come inside and purposely pee on the bedding. Simple solution....took all his bedding away. I also tried having him sleep in the bedroom with us and he did perfectly! No accidents anywhere. I mean if Ceasar can be trusted to sleep in your room and not in a cage, maybe that could help? Def see if there is a reason though via the vet why it is frequent. I mean I dealt with this for a long time too..I cant even put brutus on the bed for more than 5-10 min at a time cause I fear him peeing like he used to do in the past. You're not alone! :p

OP
Mariel

Mariel

Aug 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ceasar
I'm so glad to hear everyones so supportive. I also love hearing that Ceasar and I arent alone. Ceasar and my husband would love for him to sleep in our room but I'll make sure it's nothing medical first. He's not in his crate for very long periods of time unless its his choice, and then the door stays open. He has been housetrained for years but has an occasional accident but its usually us misinterpreting his barks. He refuses to bark at the door. he just barks where he stands and we figure out what he wants. well, most of the time we do. thanks again guys

OP
Mariel

Mariel

Aug 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Ceasar
So everything checked out ok at the vets office. well, he got so overexcited that the vet had to give him some oxygen while she examined him but the bloodwork and urine was fine and he still pees on his bedding at night. So I'm just working with behavioral tricks now i guess. let me know if you have any tricks of your own. thanks again

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad to hear that there isn't anything wrong with him physically. And BTW, he is really cute. I love your avatar pic. I am not sure what to do about this. We don't have this problem with any of ours but I do know it is very common. Good luck and let us know what you try!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes he is a beautiful bully. And I'm glad he is fine. such a pain for you to go through all the time. Poor little guy. Is it incontinence or full blown bladder emptying?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Wilson pees his bed all the time. It's a marking issue though. Other than outside he never marks anything else just his bed. I just wash his bedding a lot and wipe his underside. Other than that I think he's perfect!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.