peeing while sleeping...how normal is this?

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Well, Zeus is 3 months old and I have had him for about 10 days now. He came with a blankie that had his mommas scent so the transition is easier. After couple days I noticed it smells like dried out urine. Thought that maybe thats how I got it and I disposed of it. The blankie that he sleeps on, the other day I was washing it and I smelled the urine again.

Last night, he peed under my husbands legs - while napping next to the couch. He hasnt been out in about 3-4 hours and it happened as he was laying down. My husband said he never even got up nor intended to pee. He unloaded all urine he had while laying down, then got up and went to his crate.

This doesnt happen during the day. He comes to the door and lets me know he needs to go. He doesnt drink water pass 7pm. He is in the crate at night for 6-7 hours at the most.

Any thoughts?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yeah, it isn't very pleasant, my Griz did that about the same age, we don't know why, but he would do it when he felt most comfortable, really relaxed. It made my husband angry, we didn't allow him on any furniture until he stopped doing it, He was about 5 or 6 months old when he quit. But yes, I know of your problem. good luck with it. Griz is now 8-1/2 months old
Also, we always figure they can hold the bladder one hour for every month old

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy did this at the same age as well. It only lasted for us about three weeks. Not sure why but it passed.

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I have been watching him closely so far....and its all good. His crate bedding is dry and doesnt stink and I always check the carpet after his naps - so far dry. My only problem is now that the spot he unloaded at STILL smells of urine. Very faint, but still....It was cleaned up right away, sprayed with Natures Miracle, then I cleaned it and spayed again, then I washed it with a carpet cleaning mashine, again yesterday and STILL that smell lingers :-(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3064]zeusmommy[/MENTION] I keep a spray bottle filled with carpet cleaner in it. The same cleaner I use to shampoo/steam clean my carpets. So handy to use while the spot is still wet. Then just sop up with a dry towel.

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
@zeusmommy I keep a spray bottle filled with carpet cleaner in it. The same cleaner I use to shampoo/steam clean my carpets. So handy to use while the spot is still wet. Then just sop up with a dry towel.

Is it too late to use that concoction? The spot is dry now :-(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Never too late, just easier when fresh, repeat as necessary. :yes: It will come out, just keep saying that, it will come out, it will come out, it MUST come out !:lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.