HELP~~ =(

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
I just got back from San Francisco trip over the weekends, and I'm scared Dukey's folding spot did not get any better.

=(

He doesn't really have a tear stain or anything.

his fold would get little moisty, and i do clean and take care of his folds often.

However, his redness got worse i think ever since i started using napkins to wipe him down =(

I quickly switched back to baby wipes and toilet paper, but his redness does not look good =(

this is the worst inflammation i've seen on his fold now, and i know i need to do something about it other than just wiping down.

Can someone please give me an advice how to treat this for my puppy please??
I know there's a way to deal with this condition without goin into vet office ( 75 for a check up + $$ for an ointment to put on most likely)

please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 115

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When Vegas's eyes get raw...I use neosporin. If it gets yeasty in the nose rope..I use miconazole.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
My vet has always told me that if Bertie's folds get red and irritated to use burn creme on them....knock on wood....so far, I have not had to do anything to them.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk has one eye that occasionally tears and does that to his "cheek wrinkle" as I call it. The vet gave me panalog cream and it clears it up in like 2 days! I think it's worth the trip ... Then you'll have the analog on hand for future. Although if you can find a home remedy, more power to ya!!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Wash it, Dry it well, use Desitin, to keep dry if it isn't real raw, Neosporin, if it looks raw, or you could get some yeast cream (the type they use for women's yeast infections. There are also several OTC products sold for tear stains for dogs, and several sold for horses, at farm supply places that specifically address yeasty or staining issues.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
On top of the great advice above, when Stig's wrinkles were raw, we figured out that it was his food. But then he showed other symptoms of allergies such as hives and a hotspot. Is Dukey showing any other signs other than the raw wrinkles?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Wash it, Dry it well, use Desitin, to keep dry if it isn't real raw, Neosporin, if it looks raw, or you could get some yeast cream (the type they use for women's yeast infections. There are also several OTC products sold for tear stains for dogs, and several sold for horses, at farm supply places that specifically address yeasty or staining issues.

+1 Duke went through this his entire first year.. so I feel your pain. this is great advice.. it will get better. I would also look into a change in food as well. good Luck:)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
The picture you posted does show more than just a tear stain. while it doesn't look infected, it does look raw.
So....a possibility could be from the "roughness" of the tissue, papertowel? Switching back to a soft item such as a "plain, no added ingedients scuh as aloe, cream etc, and hypo-allergenic" as plain as can be wet-wipes to wipe clean. A soft cloth to dry such as 100% cotton dish cloth, not the rough kind, the smooth soft kind to dry out. If it does start to look MORE red than from tear stain, first start with a calming cream (desatin, A&D,etc). If it looks itchy, then try hyrdocortosone or benydryl.
Once the irritation is cleared up, then back to a routine of wipe clean and keep dry. Desatin powder or gold bond work well. Dip finger in powder and wipe in crease. A yeast infection is a different process, same as above, but an anti-yeast product, then back to clean and dry.

Oh, and check the other wrinkle areas also, behind ears, rope, cornw of head, tail pocket and feet between toes.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.
Good Day~

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
Thank you for all the great advices!!

AS far as I can tell, no it is not yeasty or infected

it looks just really RAW =(
he is not showing any other symptoms thank goodness

although, I started to clean the area with the baby wipes, it is noticeably better this morning!

and fortunately i have a neosporin at home, so i'm going to put some on startin today and see how it goes

(the reason why I'm a little hesitant to go to the vet is because i'm trying to neuter him sometime this week or next week and don't really want him on too many medications)

will keep everyone updated!! let's see how it turns out tomorrow!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thank you for all the great advices!!

AS far as I can tell, no it is not yeasty or infected

it looks just really RAW =(
he is not showing any other symptoms thank goodness

although, I started to clean the area with the baby wipes, it is noticeably better this morning!

and fortunately i have a neosporin at home, so i'm going to put some on startin today and see how it goes

(the reason why I'm a little hesitant to go to the vet is because i'm trying to neuter him sometime this week or next week and don't really want him on too many medications)

will keep everyone updated!! let's see how it turns out tomorrow!

keep us posted... I remember when Duke was younger I would go crazy trying to keep his folds clean and dry !

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
thank you guys for your concern and care

Dukey's raw fold is coin much better

i've researched some more and found out about the home remedy of apple cider vinegar

now i have that with his water, and also wipe him down with the baby wipes with little bit of apple cider vinegar
I think it's working =]

ps. Dukey just got neutered yesterday haha
he did some whimpering last night, but seems fine today
anyone know when can i exactly give him a bath?? the lady from the clinic told me he no longer needs the cone after a week, maybe then i can give him a bath??

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
you can give him a bath AFTER the stitches come out. not before . glad to hear things are going well for him.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that he did well on the table. :)

You might find that he doesn't need the cone. I've heard a few bullies here who can't reach that area so there's no point. Unless Dukey's talented and can. lol.

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
oh duke can reach alrite hahaha
i try to keep him off the cone as much as i can
when i'm there to supervise him and not let him reach his area

he seems to be coin just fine
i gave him the pill the first night, because he was whimpering a lot.

and last night, he didn't even need one.
So i think i won't give me more pain killer

and i am still wiping down and taking care of his redness on his fold

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online