Ruckus gave us quite a scare today...

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
We are always so careful with the heat, especially when Ruckus gets excited. We took him to a fundraiser today. Of course he gets all excited and starts his ( what I consider) normal bully breathing. Within a few minutes ( and I mean a few) he was sounding like someone with asthma. Like a whistle. Thank God the bully rescue group was there. They helped us cool him and calm him and brought over the Vet who was there. I now know ( thanks to these awesome people) that his breathing this extreme is because of his soft palate. Guess who is going to a new vet!! Mine always said his palate was fine for a bully!! I just thank God he is ok!!! But I was a shaking hot mess !!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, no!! Poor baby!!! And poor momma. I am glad he is ok. *big hugs*

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
OMG Im so glad there were people there to help.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Glad he is now fine. It is very scary when they have issues. I hope that you find a great new vet.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh wow, good thing the rescue group was there. Would you be able to go to their vet or is the clinic too far from your place?

So glad your baby's ok!

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Oh wow, good thing the rescue group was there. Would you be able to go to their vet or is the clinic too far from your place?

So glad your baby's ok!

That's the vet we will be going to, its not more that 20 minutes away. Im excited already!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'm glad you posted this - you never realize how quickly they can succumb to heat until it happens! I'm glad everything is okay!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad all turned out for the best!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad he is OK, keep lemon juice handy, it works wonders when they get hot and have difficulty breathing, it helps break up the thick saliva that gathers in the back of their throat when they are hot and breathing hard. Just squirt some in their mouth and it helps clear it out. We have done this to Buddy before when he played too hard with Missy one day. So glad you had help and it turned out OK.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww Ruckus!!! So glad he's fine - for him and for YOU! It's so scary when something goes wrong with our babies!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh geez ive had a couple of scares with sarah and heat so im glad someone was close and you could get some help. a good bully vet is so important so im glad something good came from this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online