Help! What do you think this is??

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im sure pulling for vegas. i hope he gets better soon so you can relax some. keep us updated.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Hope Vegas is doing ok!

When we got Penny spayed & they shaved her, the vet found a few spots like that on her belly. They aren't yellow like Vegas's, but he called it pyoderma. I asked if I needed to do anything & he said I could put a little neosporin on it. He said it was most likely from urine coming in contact with her skin where she had it. This might be a thought if it's on the inside of his leg.

Good luck!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], Did Jake have any issues on the forta flora? I am still looking for one I like. I was thinking to order the Jarro but am not sure.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], Did Jake have any issues on the forta flora? I am still looking for one I like. I was thinking to order the Jarro but am not sure.
None at all! In fact I kept him on it for an extra month and I'm going to get more Tuesday when he goes to vet. The antibiotics he's on currently are very strong and when his pills stop..I'd like to have him on it to help his immune system.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Becky! I swear, these guys just keep ya on your toes don't they?I know I can give them green tripe for the probiotics but I can't find it and even if I could, don't know if I could handle the smell. lol

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks Becky! I swear, these guys just keep ya on your toes don't they?I know I can give them green tripe for the probiotics but I can't find it and even if I could, don't know if I could handle the smell. lol[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
:rofl: you can handle slimy..bloody liver! Gag...you could do it! Gag..gag..well stomach is stomach!! I say get the powder!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION], I have watched the spot very closely, it never spread or got any larger, in fact it is smaller and drying up, almost non-existant. I will have to take him to the vet in about 2 weeks for his anal glands and I will show the vet then if there is anything to show. Thank You for your concern. I really don't think it was the staff since it did not spread or get any worse than the picture I posted. I am still baffled as to what it was and it never bothered him. I just don't know.....Thanks again for your concern.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
if it is staph, Bella gets this all the time. Her Immune system is very compromised with her EPI. The vet is never concerned, just have to bathe her more often with a antimicrobial shampoo.

At first I thought of a bug bite. Is it the only one or is there more? From what my vet has said, the staph is usually in the moist areas. (underarms, groin etc)

Jack has had a bout with staff infection, we had a dickens of a time to get rid of it. Almost a year it would come and go. He had shots and antibiotics, but the thing that worked the best is the Pyoben shampoo. Use it religiously. At least three times a week, wet skin areas, apply Pyoben and rub in, wait 10 minutes and wipe off with wet clean paper towel. Jack is now infection free since early spring. No signs of it coming back either. Yeah.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Oooo...I was looking for this post to see if you said how Vegas was doing. I am so glad to hear that it is clearing up!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], really weird spot! you seen the spot I had a picture of, it developed over night, and within 2 days dried up and went away. I am so glad it was not staff!! I am totally baffled as to what it was, but thank god it is gone. Wondering if it was an ingrown hair!! but you seen the pictures it did not look like that or a bug bite?????? Who knows, but what I do know it is gone!!

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], really weird spot! you seen the spot I had a picture of, it developed over night, and within 2 days dried up and went away. I am so glad it was not staff!! I am totally baffled as to what it was, but thank god it is gone. Wondering if it was an ingrown hair!! but you seen the pictures it did not look like that or a bug bite?????? Who knows, but what I do know it is gone!!
Glad it was nothing nasty and that it has cleared up xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.