Help! What do you think this is??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
sore012.jpg

sore009.jpg

sore008.jpg

So I found this spot on Vegas's leg/groin area today out of know where, I did not see it yesterday, it is a flat yellow (not pussy or crusty) spot with red around it, he does not try to itch it and when I was touching it he did not even flinch or move. Joe thinks it looks like a skin tag, (I don't) it is almost "wart like" It does not look like a bug bite and is the size of a dime including he redness around it. He is still on mega-antibiotics for his ear so if it is infection I would think the antibiotic he is on would kill it. I am going to watch it closely but has anyone's other bully's had this?

I am not going to rush him to the vet, again it does not bother him, I will show the vet when I take him in a few weeks to get anal's done again. UNLESS it changes or gets bigger.
Thank You

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
P.S. the other spots you see are his nipples all 9 of them, 6 on this side and only 3 on the other, that is odd to about him!

L

Lucy-licious

Hmmm, I really don't know. The redness around it indicates inflammation how long has he been on his antibiotics? Could it be those a slight reaction or side effect? Just guessing really but if it's not bothering him I too would be inclined to watch and wait. How's his ears by the way? Is he feeling better? xx

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I googled canine wart on belly and the examples did not look like the photos you posted on Vegas' sore.

It looks like there is a "head" to it - almost like a deep pimple - so maybe it's a deep blemish or an ingrown hair?

I think it's smart to wait and see how it plays out in a couple days, especially if it isn't painful or too inflamed.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], no head to it that's what makes it baffeling, it is like a raised yellow flat patch with red around it

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] He has been on oral antibiotics since Monday, his antibiotic ear drops for 7 days. He will remain on the oral until this Wed. That is why I was shocked when I found it, the redness does indicate inflamation/infection and he is on amoxicillin twice a day.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I wonder if it's a reaction to antibiotics. I know sometimes they can cause skin inflammation..guess it could be manifesting in that way....at first it looked like a bug bite..but if it's not raised that doesn't seem likely! I also would watch it..if it starts to spread or bothers him then that might be time for a vet trip!

L

Lucy-licious

staphinfect2.jpg
I found these on google.... it's a picture of an early staph infection. Anything like that? If so, It said to wash with antimicrobial wash, then use a wound relief cream/lotion.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
I recognize the spot on Vegas...Punkie B and Chloe have both had those. It's a deep pyroderma infection, basically a bacterial infection caused by staph. You can "Google" it and go to "images" and look at the pictures. I'm not sure but I don't think Amoxicillin treats skin/staph infections. Both Punkie and Chloe had to take Cephalexin twice a day for 30 days. Once it starts it spreads fairly quickly so you may want to at least call your vet if they are open today. I would definitely take Vegas to his doc by Monday. By the way, our vet suggested that we have Chloe's thyroid tested because Chloe was having the infection come back a month after she had finished the antibiotic...her thyroid was extremely low. She's on thyroid med now and has NOT had another infection. Another suggestion...give Vegas a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt in the morning and evening...his immune system will need it since he's been on antibiotics for his ears and possibly for his skin. Good luck...hope Vegas gets well soon!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
I see that Lucy-licious posted a photo from Google. That's exactly what Punkie B and Chloe had. Washing alone will not cure the infection and when the yellow part opens and the bacteria gets on another part of his body it will spread...it spreads QUICKLY!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
It looks exactly like chaos staph infection. The shampoo you use should help along with an antibiotic. It has to be an antibiodic to treat bacterial infection though. Chaos had them all over his under side neck to legs.....i would call and ask the vet if the antibiodic he is on can treat staph.

luvinmybullie :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OHHH CRAP [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION]! That does look like that! THANK YOU and THANK YOU [MENTION=2728]Donna LeBlanc[/MENTION]! for your information, I have been giving him yogurt all week in the morning and at night to battle the antibiotics. I am responding first then I am going to google. How in the world do they get this staff infection? Vegas is very clean, in fact just had a bath last Sunday with anti-fungal yeast shampoo. My house/floors are very clean how did this happen? Do you think with his ear infection and all the antibiotics he has been on this last week lowered his immune system?? Now I am totally baffled.

L

Lucy-licious

Antibiotics do lower immunity as you know. Staph is very common and naturally lives in the natural flora on the skin surface if everybody, unfortunately it is an opportunist bacteria that will turn bad if it gets the opportunity to do so. Vegas is immunosuppressed and it has unfortunately taken a hold. I doubt Ammoxicillin will work, different antibiotics work for different things. Ammoxicillin is known for ear and chest infections. You have caught this quickly I hope it clears up fast too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Staph is everywhere and maybe with his immune system low from his ear infection, it could be what caused it. Poor Vegas, hope he gets better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online