JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
About an hour ago I mistakenly gave Wilson a 50mg (1 tab) of Tramadol instead of a pill for diarrhea. He seems ok and luckily he spit out without me evening see the other 1/2 tab I have him. I got the two meds mixed up and the pain pill bottle was on the counter as I had pulled it out to look at this morning for Jack (that's another story in itself). The correct bottle was in my purse but because I'm exhausted I wasn't paying attention and thought that was the bottle. I also gave Jack 1.5 tab of the Tramadol. :cry:

It's been a very long day. Jack is having another episode with his HOD, he is have another growth spurt and he's in pain again but he is eating so that's good. I took him back to the vet right after I got home and he should be ok as it won't be severe like it was the first time back in June. He also doesn't have a fever. :whew: I'm mentally wiped out and to boot I slept like :poo: so I'm more emotional that I should be.

I have a call into Wilson's vet as I'm concerned for him since he hasn't had a pain pill before (I'm sure he'll be ok though).

I just want to curl up in a corner and cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry:

Oh Wilson's is 7 months and weighs 50.7. Right now he's showing no signs of slowing down as he's not sitting still for too long and he's playing so that's good.

In my 49 years I have NEVER done that before. :bang:

Last edited:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh, every thing will get better!!! Matilda sends smooshy faced kisses to you and here are a few :hug: :hug: from me.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Huge hugs to you! Believe me, I feel your frustration. Don't worry, he will be fine, I am sure. Maybe an early night would be in order?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
More slobbery, wet smooches from us! :muah2:

Tate had to be on Tramadol when he had his accident last April. The main side effect you may see w/Wilson is drowsiness. I think he will be okay with just that one dose.
I'm hoping that Jack will feel better too. I know he went through so much in June already. It's good that he has an appetite though!

Try to relax a bit this evening...everything will be JUST FINE !:yes:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks you two! Henny that's good to know that Tate was on it. You'll have to let me know why.

I'm calling an night now.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Don't worry too much .... it sounds as if it's not really having any effect, and if it does then he will just sleep VERY peacefully tonight!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Don't worry! Jake is getting tramadol for his pain after surgery.. 1 1/2. 3 times a day! And he only weighs 42 lbs! Don't be hard on yourself! :poo: happens..and maybe he will get sleepy! Sorry I'm so late! Wish I had been here earlier to reassure you..but glad [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] has experience with it!

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i think we all can understand that things can be stressful and it sounds like he will be ok so just go to bed tomorrow is another day :hug:from me and sarah

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Tramadol is used for pain in humans and dogs alike, but it's not a narcotic. I would not worry at all. This drug is much safer than any NSAID (Rimadyl and Deramaxx) and does NOT have any tylenol in it. Don't worry at all. This drug is often given 2 to 4 times daily to help with pain, or twice daily to help with arthritis.
Orion weighs 33 pounds and she has a prescription for tramadol for her eye. She has an eye ulcer...and she use to get one tablet twice daily.

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

(I'm a pharmacy technician....and this is a very common and safe drug)

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone! I paniked because I wasn't sure how Wilson would react to it and I knew how much pain Jack was in when he was on it. All is well now. I slept great and so did the boys thanks to me. :ashamed: I just get so stressed when my boys are in trouble and of course bad bad sleep the night before definately didn't help the emotions. They're back in check now :D.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], thank you. :)

And Jack is a new pup so far this morning, no pain, no arch back, chewing bones, spunky, and happy eyes. The shot the vet gave him last night did him wonders. :).

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Glad they're ok, including you! :)

I wonder how much Jack is going to grow, it hurts to see him in pain with all the spurts. :luv:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad they're ok, including you! :)I wonder how much Jack is going to grow, it hurts to see him in pain with all the spurts. :luv:
I swear, kiddingly, that he is crossed with Great Dane, he so tall and long for breed. Although he was a rescue, bad living conditions and was so skinny when we got him, I saw both his parents and his dad was tall from what I recall. He's probably spurted up 2" since mid June and hes really long. Painfully growth spurts are sad to see them go through. Thanks everyone for all your support and letting me talk about Jack in the bully section. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online