Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seemingly perpetually horny male...

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Default Seemingly perpetually horny male...

Hi everyone,

This may sound a bit strange but short of visiting the vet (which I will do if there is need for concern) I figured someone here would be able to address this.

So... Chance is now 8 months old and is intact. He will be showing so he will not be neutered for a while. It wasn't our initial intention to buy a show dog but our breeder wanted him to show and gave us the option of having him or a girl that would not show. Since we wanted a boy...here he is. He has a best in show Grandpa, champion parents and another sister currently winning points in the ring.

Anyway, I gather we are now dealing with all of the "fun" parts of doggy teenagerdom. He can get a little rowdy at times but we are good about forcing him to submit and he does not bite other dogs nor does he nip other people. When he is in the park or playing in our neighborhood with other dogs (boys or spayed females) he typically does not hump (though has humped his bully friend's head a few times before that bully wrestles him into submission). If anything, he pathetically humps air while other dogs walk away. He gets lots of exercise playing soccer/swimming etc. and as such will often lay quietly in the house when he knows it isn't time for play.

My biggest concern (sometimes an amusement) is that he seems to be perpetually horny. And when he gets horny, because he can't reach himself, he seems to try to itch everything he can from any angle available. We have jokingly coined it "scratchturbation" but in all seriousness, we don't know what to do! I have looked at his skin for evidence of rashes/bites/allergies and he exhibits none of the above. His skin and coat are healthy and he doesn't scratch unless he's erect. Thoughts? (He does have an IKEA bulldog but doesn't seem to be interested in humping it...or the furniture. I guess that's a good thing but he seems perpetually frustrated!)

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Seemingly perpetually horny male...

He is just a young boy with hormones going crazy right now. It will get better as he gets older. Buddy was a little horny guy when he was younger but he is a lot better now that he is 2 and we would tell him NO when he would hump something. We have used him as a stud a few times but not lately and he is fine. We want to show him also but are waiting a little longer until we get Sexy Girl finished, then it will be Buddy's turn. Hang in there, it does get better.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

You rang???????
    aka: dirty old man

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    You rang??????? aka: dirty old man
    Lari..ohhhhh Lari.....he got out again! @LariP. :shhhh:

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I have No control! He has the nickname H.B. And to tell you what that stands for we would need to continue this conversation in PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    I have No control! He has the nickname H.B. And to tell you what that stands for we would need to continue this conversation in PM.
    Pretty sure I know what attracted to him to this thread! Poor Saint Lari...

Real Name
    NIKKI
    Bulldog(s) Names
    REX
    Likes (Received)

Hes just a typical teenage boy .. Rex was the same way and i just neutered him and he still air humps.. One woman at the day care told me .. Its like a guy going to the play boy mansion and telling him he can look but not touch haha

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

LOL... well thanks for the feedback everyone (dirty old men included!) I thought maybe something was horribly wrong with him. Glad to hear he's just being a teenage boy. As an aside, after I wrote this this afternoon, I decided to take him into the vet because I thought his glands might have (also) been the problem. His glands did need to be expressed (TMI?) which was strange since his stool is regular; he eats well and showed no sign of discomfort (no scooting or otherwise). But since we've taken care of that problem I am now back to the conclusion that he is just perpetually horny. When we got back to the house he was scratchturbating again. Poor little dude!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

do what i do with my old man,squirt water at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol,btw my old man is me refering to my husband ha ha ,karen

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    do what i do with my old man,squirt water at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol,btw my old man is me refering to my husband ha ha ,karen

what a coincidence
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

heff101

My biggest concern (sometimes an amusement) is that he seems to be perpetually horny.

Ah yes wish I was 18 again...........................................

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    My biggest concern (sometimes an amusement) is that he seems to be perpetually horny. Ah yes wish I was 18 again...........................................
    MONTHS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads