malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Hi everyone,

This may sound a bit strange but short of visiting the vet (which I will do if there is need for concern) I figured someone here would be able to address this.

So... Chance is now 8 months old and is intact. He will be showing so he will not be neutered for a while. It wasn't our initial intention to buy a show dog but our breeder wanted him to show and gave us the option of having him or a girl that would not show. Since we wanted a boy...here he is. He has a best in show Grandpa, champion parents and another sister currently winning points in the ring. :)

Anyway, I gather we are now dealing with all of the "fun" parts of doggy teenagerdom. He can get a little rowdy at times but we are good about forcing him to submit and he does not bite other dogs nor does he nip other people. When he is in the park or playing in our neighborhood with other dogs (boys or spayed females) he typically does not hump (though has humped his bully friend's head a few times before that bully wrestles him into submission). If anything, he pathetically humps air while other dogs walk away. He gets lots of exercise playing soccer/swimming etc. and as such will often lay quietly in the house when he knows it isn't time for play.

My biggest concern (sometimes an amusement) is that he seems to be perpetually horny. And when he gets horny, because he can't reach himself, he seems to try to itch everything he can from any angle available. We have jokingly coined it "scratchturbation" but in all seriousness, we don't know what to do! I have looked at his skin for evidence of rashes/bites/allergies and he exhibits none of the above. His skin and coat are healthy and he doesn't scratch unless he's erect. Thoughts? (He does have an IKEA bulldog but doesn't seem to be interested in humping it...or the furniture. I guess that's a good thing but he seems perpetually frustrated!)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is just a young boy with hormones going crazy right now. It will get better as he gets older. Buddy was a little horny guy when he was younger but he is a lot better now that he is 2 and we would tell him NO when he would hump something. We have used him as a stud a few times but not lately and he is fine. We want to show him also but are waiting a little longer until we get Sexy Girl finished, then it will be Buddy's turn. Hang in there, it does get better.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I have No control! He has the nickname H.B. And to tell you what that stands for we would need to continue this conversation in PM. :rofl:

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
Hes just a typical teenage boy .. Rex was the same way and i just neutered him and he still air humps.. One woman at the day care told me .. Its like a guy going to the play boy mansion and telling him he can look but not touch haha

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
LOL... well thanks for the feedback everyone (dirty old men included!) ;) I thought maybe something was horribly wrong with him. Glad to hear he's just being a teenage boy. As an aside, after I wrote this this afternoon, I decided to take him into the vet because I thought his glands might have (also) been the problem. His glands did need to be expressed (TMI?) which was strange since his stool is regular; he eats well and showed no sign of discomfort (no scooting or otherwise). But since we've taken care of that problem I am now back to the conclusion that he is just perpetually horny. When we got back to the house he was scratchturbating again. Poor little dude!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
do what i do with my old man,squirt water at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol,btw my old man is me refering to my husband ha ha ,karen

H

heff101

My biggest concern (sometimes an amusement) is that he seems to be perpetually horny.

Ah yes wish I was 18 again...........................................

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
do what i do with my old man,squirt water at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol,btw my old man is me refering to my husband ha ha ,karen
Hmmm maybe I should try that. :fight:

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
LOL @you guys. :) Karen, I know you were mostly kidding but Chance actually LOVES water. I have a lot of tropical plants and he waits for me to mist them so he can stand in the spray. (Really sucked when he was younger and we were trying everything to train the stubborn out of him!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.