Hello all... Newbie need some advice

tribalguru

Jun 6, 2011
IRVINE, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
DUDLEY
My boy Dudley might have hemivertebrate he is only 5 months old ..... i took him to a bully -vet yesturday there is a couple of congenital issues with him.... i bought him from a pet store....i hate seeing my little guy like this :( thoughts...

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Well first of all, welcome! So sorry to hear about the poor thing. :( I don't really have any advice but I'm sending lots of positive vibes!!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I too can't offer any advice, but want to welcome you, and bring your post back up front so perhaps someone who can will see it. Dudley is adorable in your avatar pic!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. I Googled hemivertebrate because I didnt know what it meant. I got lots of sites to choose from and I sent you one in a private message. I didnt read the whole article on hemivertebrate but basically it is screw-tailed. It doesnt necessarily mean that he cant live a normal life.
I hope someone that is more familiar with it answers your question better than I can. ANYway, glad you joined us and I look forward to seeing more of your little bully :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: I hope you have a good bully vet..I see you are in Irvine..there is a great vet in riverside..dr Buchko..I know his contact info is on the vet recommendation page. Dudley..is a very handsome boy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your boy is such a cutie. Is his condition limited to his tail? If so it should not cause any problem. I read on a web site here is a paragraph from it. "The condition can be confirmed through a special x-ray technique known as myelograms can detect if the pain or movement problems are caused by the compression of a hemivertebrae. Surgical procedures can be used to correct the problem depending on the location of the hemivertebrae in the spinal column. Pain management drug therapies as well as restriction from activity will be required in the recovery period." hope this helps and we will be sending him good vibes and thoughts. I just hate pet stores because they usually support puppy mills. :nope:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the group. I am sure you will get answers here. I don't have experiance with this. He is adorable and we will bug you until more photos are up.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome to the site!!! I too had to google this and it seems to depend on where it is in the vertebrae as to whether it is considered serious or not.

Keeping everything crossed for him!! :pray:

OP
tribalguru

tribalguru

Jun 6, 2011
IRVINE, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
DUDLEY
thank you all for the warm welcome :) i took him to Dr. Roy Kraemer hes a bully vet here in orange county the souther cal bulldog rescue uses him so hes very well recommended, i will post more pix up in the next couple of days.. it just breaks my heart to see him limping like this waiting on the radiology report to come back i pray to god that its not that...the doc also said he was going to write a report for me to take to the pet store... from what i read i do have a guarantee of a yr on congenital / hereditary problems there is a couple of things doc says that are not rite.... i love my little guy !!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What tests are they going to do next??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is such a cute little guy and we are hoping for the best.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, first off, sounds like you are on the right track with your vet and I hope it can be corrected with surgery so that he can live a long and pain free life! PLEASE keep us posted on what happens with him. You are a great bully parent to go through this with your little man. Keep up the good work. I bet he adores you as much as you do him!

Second, WELCOME!!! We are so glad you found us. Please feel free to post comments, pictures and stories. He is just darling! Those white faces get me every time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Dudley's very adorable! I sure hope he will be okay too, and I'm glad you found a bully vet in the area. Please update us with Dudley's progress.
Sending you lots of positive vibes!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.