worried.. Duke is sick ??

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, no! Poor Duke. Hope you get home soon and can check on him. Keep us posted.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhhh..he looks stressed! Maybe he just wants his mommy!! Please update when you get home...I'm assuming your son sent you this picture..poor Duke! Let me know Karen!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Poor Duke! I am sure he will be fine! Just keep an eye on him. Samson gets sick to his stomach from time to time. You just need to know how to handle it. I make sure I don't feed Samson again for at least several hours after then when I do feed him again I give him a small portion to make sure he can keep that down. Then another small portion several hours later (bland diet is good for an upset tummy). Pedialyte is great if they throw up multiple times. The vomiting dehyrates them so they want to drink alot then often when they drink alot they get over full and throw up again and the cycle goes like that, dangerous cycle. So if Samson throws up multiple times I take away his regular water and give him pedialyte, he is a brat and won't drink it on his own though. I have to give it to him in a medicine dropper, such a baby LOL Just want to throw this stuff out there because I have rushed Samson to the vet a few months after I got him for throwing up multiple times, spent a bunch of money to find out there was nothing they could find wrong with him. So now I have my own procedure and just keep an eye on him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Duke, his tummy must really fell bad to keep him from lying down, hope he feels better soon.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
we are off to the vet.. mommy is a wreck.. he can't lay at all?? I am so worried.... :( I will update when I get home.. please pray for my Duke

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...I will be thinking of him all night. Please post when you get home and get settled back in. Let us know! *hugs*

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Praying for Duke and sending warm huggies and pettins.

4caff1b1-fd4b-70fe.jpg

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
hello im sorry to hear your bully isnt feeling well .. when rex was about 7 months old the same thing happened .. the bile was yellow greenish and i was a nervous wreck .. the vet said as long as he is pooping normally and drinking water to wait a day and see .. we waited and he was fine the next morning hope yours is too :)

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Hope all is well with Duke....Zoey has done this a couple times, first time have no idea what it was second spent hours at the vet nothing for sure was found treated as an infection but come to find out we are pretty sure it was all because she had eaten a sock, she threw it up a week after she had been at the vet.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awwww, poor Duke! I hope he is okay. Frank went through a couple of days a few weeks ago where he threw up about 8 times in a two day period. We had no idea and were so worried, but it passed. We wondered if he had just gotten a doggie stomach virus or something. We are sending all our best thoughts your way!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Just found this ......... please update. Our thoughts are with you!!!! :pray:

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi everyone we just got in 11:20 here.. well the good news is Duke does not have an obstruction which was my biggest fear! they did xrays , a rectal exam , temperature, and bloodwork.. bottom line he has a very bad viral infection .. they were actually pleased with his xrays said he had a lot of gas but nothing they are worried about. they gave him pepcid, a medication to help him feel better and stop vomitting and a shot that keeps him from dehydrating. he has finally after almost 15 hours laid down and fell asleep ..my poor baby had a rough night but I am happy we took him. we have to give him 1/4 cup of water every 2 hours tomorrow until 6 pm then if he keeps down start the bland diet.. thank you all so much for your well wishes and good thoughts.. what would I do without this site!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.