Has anyone else have this happen?

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Hey everyone!

My poor Brutus is falling apart! About 3-4 days ago my baby broke out in this red bumpy rash all over his body...almost looks like acne. He's had this happen before when the grass is too long and it touches his belly, but I'm pretty sure this is not the case. Along with these bumps, he has had very liquid stool :( I first thought it was an allergic reaction since he has many of these and this is what happens...so I gave im benedryl. The bumps started to go away, but the liquid stool didnt. After 3 times cleaning him and his cage I brought him to the vet. They said it was prob just him eating something he shouldnt outside and thus it just needs to work its way through his system. They advised I give him pepto and make sure he stays hydrated. He has been eating,drinking and acting normally...it's just the liquid stool still and the bumps are def getting lighter...which is one bonus.

He's been on the same food for almost 10 months now so I'm pretty sure it's not that. I haven't given him any foods that he shouldnt have and I've actually been putting some rice with his food to try and bind him a little bit. We just had our kitchen and bathroom redone...the only thing I can think of is a reaction to paint fumes? Anxiety? Maybe he needs time to readjust to him having his house back?

Any ideas? I'm so lost right now. I'm open to any suggestions. I just want his tummy to feel better!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How about adding pumpkin to his food? The :poo: worries me more than the bumps! You might skip the rice and add the pumpkin..then if that doesn't work..there's always the bland diet for a few days..poor guy..:hug:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
My brother-in-law is a retired veternarian. He always suggested ground beef, well rinsed and drained, along with rice. Of course...pepto. I don't know about if bully's are different with this diet, but it worked for my other ones. Sounds like he may have come across something outside. Hard to say

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I've seen the pumpkin recommendation by several people as the go to for both runny or hard stools. Seems to just generally settle their tummies either way. Just be sure to use 100% pumpkin not the pie filling that has added sugar that would negate the positive effect of the plain pumpkin. I have not tried this though because like everything else about HRH her :poo: has always been perfect. :rofl:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Unlike HRH my dogs have not always had perfect stools! A couple tablespoons of cottage cheese has helped firm things up! Paint fumes could be the culprit. Do you have good ventilation?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would also try the pumpkin, hopefully this helps.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
When Chunk had a belly ache, I got some great help from [MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION]. First she said to feed him a bland diet (we did eggs and rice (one egg and a cup of rice each meal, you could also do boiled ground beef or chicken) for 3 days and add pedialyte (to make sure he stays hydrated) to his water. I think I did half a bottle to a bowl of water. After the three days, if his poo is better, slowly start adding his kibble again. (she recommended a slow transition back to the regular food). This was a HUGE help. Chunk's poo was better in about 24 hours! The bland diet really is the easiest on their belly it seems. Hope he feels better ASAP!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My immediate response would be to go to the bland diet. It really does work and they think they are being fed caviar from the reaction you get!!! Let us know what happens!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Um, rice....could be the issue. Also, paint fumes but I would lean to the rice. I would stop the rice and give pumpkin as well.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
starve him for 24 hours ,give his system a rest ,thats what i do if annie gets the runs ,karen

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Ohhh yes I forgot about the starving for 24 hours. So hard to do but helps the belly rest!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
hard for the dogs ,even harder for us or should i say me lol,actually in the wild dogs go for a couple of days without eating ,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.