Red feet, neck and chin. Recently adopted. Recovering from red mange.

kels16

Aug 24, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I'm new to this also but when we got harley he was eating puppy chow :cursing: ..and he was 15 months...BUT anyways, the poor thing was inflammed and his belly was all red and his legs and feet too, we switched him to earthborn holistic and i'd say after a week we started noticing changes, and now, after almost a month he has no more red skin! He also had a yeast infection and was put on medicine for it but i can't remember the name :/ but it clears up pretty quick too! BTW, Slim is beautiful! So glad you guys saved him!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad to see that you prefer natural remedies! I am moving more in that direction myself and I went naturally in curing a case of mange in my girl (she had been on an antibiotic and it lowered her immune system) and it worked beautifully. Now that the mange is clearing up, the yeast issue can be a challenge. How is he doing on on the food change? ACV seems to be the choice thing to use for yeast. I put a little in their water (about 1/2 gal water to three tbsp of ACV). Some won't drink it that way, but mine do. I would be interested in how the colloidal silver (sp?) works. We are battling some yeast right now due to an antibiotic and an allergic reaction to said antibiotic and though it is getting better slowly, I would like to deal with it as naturally as possible.

What a sweet boy he is! Again, you are both so lucky to have found each other! I am sorry to hear about your lost pup. Any news on him?

OP
M

midwifemama11

Aug 14, 2011
No word on our lost weenie :( We raised him from only a week or so old when his mama turned him out at the runt. He just couldn't compete. I was pregnant at the time and used it as preparation, stimulating him to pee, cleaning him, nursing him (HE USED TO SUCK ON M LITTLE FINGER AS HE FELL ASLEEP AFTER HIS FORMULA) He really was a little gift from God, so happy and loving and always just wanted to cuddle. Ugh. We still look every day.

Anyhow, Slim is doing much better. He got a nasty staph infection in his skin, lots of puss filled bumps all over that stunk so bad when he'd scratch at them! Unmistakable STAPH SMELL! Phew! He is still red and itchy sometimes but I am giving him Benadryl daily also to help with that for now until we get things under control better. He was itching to the point of making bloody spots and removing hair. He is no longer chewing his paws or scratching unnecessarily. I am starting him on Comfortis in Sept for flea control. Other than that, he is a sneaky chewer, never does it when we are around, but he is a dream. He is playful and laid back and gentle with our cat, foster chihuahua and even has a gentle curiosity of our guinea pigs and chameleon!

Re: colloidal silver. IT IS AHHHHHHHMAZING. Love the stuff. We used to use silver nitrate in babies eyes to kill ALL bacteria (chlamydia and gonorrhea can cause blindness in babies so in the hospital it is standard to apply it to the eyes of all newborns). Although it did cause discomfort, it was HIGHLY effective in its ability to kill not only all bacteria on contact, but virus's as well! The mama chihuahua was are fostering had a nasty infection after her inguinal hernia and spay repair and the antibiotics weren't doing jack. It was pussing and oozing and I finally said to hell with it and started doing compresses of colloidal silver soaked gauze and viola, after one day no more oozing, after 2, no more reddness, day 3 and it looks better than ever, even the tiny piece of tissue that the idiot vet left hanging out has dried up finally and is no longer inflamed!

Sucie (the chi) and Slim cuddling!
0825111409a.jpg

Members online

No members online now.