A very rude puppy?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Since we've had Truman, I've noticed when he gets tired, when he naps, and when he gets up, his tongue is almost always sticking out - only about an inch or two - but I've never seen it before in my other bullies. I've attached a photo for an example.

Is this normal? Does it go away as he gets bigger? Or is he just a very rude little puppy that likes to stick his tongue out at his mama? :p

Attachments

• Truman16.jpg
    Truman16.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 140

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
LOL!!! Most of my bullies sleep with their tounge out, all of them I have ever had! Some more than others :p:p:p:p

Completely normal!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
spike does the same thing... when he was a baby u could barely notice it but not that he is bigger it sticks out way long

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
So normal! Check out this photo!

Can you imagine how I feel? So RUDE!

Attachments

• IMG_3386 crop 700k.jpg
    IMG_3386 crop 700k.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 142

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has always slept with his tongue out, the older he gets (13 months now) the more it sticks out, even when he is sleeping and I play with his tongue, he just kind of opens one eye, but leaves his tongue out.

Attachments

• Vegas 018.jpg
    Vegas 018.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 148
OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hehe - thanks everyone - I was a little concerned but it didn't seem to bother him...until I put a cherry Popsicle on it while he was resting but he seemed to determine it was just a happy dream.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Check out our molly- she has the longest tounge in the southwest!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas has always slept with his tongue out, the older he gets (13 months now) the more it sticks out, even when he is sleeping and I play with his tongue, he just kind of opens one eye, but leaves his tongue out.

We have another Vegas!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep the tippys come out while the pups are sleeping. Cuttys always falls out when he sleeps. I love how it just hangs there and can be so dry but Cutty doesnt care, then when he wakes up he smacks his lips re wetting his tongue for a few minutes. haha. Mugsys actually fell out a few times when he was a pup but not since. I just figure it has something to do with the way their teeth dont line up to close the mouth tight maybe.

Molly's tongue is so funny! :D

Speedbeegle

May 26, 2010
Western NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Tobias K. Smith
Toby's does it just a little bit and we call it his MJ tongue, because of the way Michael Jordan always had his tongue out when he played basketball. It gets all dry and doesn't seem to bother him at all. When he came home from his "business" surgery he was so out of it, that his tongue was way out. Usually just about half an inch just enough to be cute.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Completely Normal! My oldest Chelios doesn't stick his tongue out, but our little one Faith does. She's a little monster. When she sleeps it comes out about an inch and she's only 3 months. I can't imagine how much it'll be sticking out when she's a year. :p I love playing with her tongue, feels all funny. Lol!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online