Peeing in the middle of the night

TysonsMom

Nov 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson and Daisy
Hi everyone...I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. Since Sunday, Tyson has been getting up in the middle of the night to pee, and will not get back into bed. He then pee's again once or twice in the house even after I have taken him out. This is at all typical behavior - he usually sleeps for a good 8-9 hrs, and even on the rare occasions where he does have to go out during the night, he gets right back into bed.

I dropped him off at the vet's office this morning, thinking it could be a UTI, but he said the urinalysis came back fine. He said Tyson seems to be fine but he can do some bloodwork if I want, which I do because I think something wrong. He just isn't acting like himself.

He is eating and playful during the day...he did just get over a UTI and kennel cough this past month, so I am not sure if this is related. Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks for the help!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
My first though was UTI, as well. If it will make you feel better to have things ruled out, I would have the vet do the blood work. But, I'm over protective like that. :blush2:I would trust your gut. You know your dog best & if you think something isn't right, then I would have the vet ollow up with the blood work. Hope he's back to normal soon!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Last year, Blue Buffalo issued a recall on some of their dog and cat food due to an excess in Vitamin D. The symptoms the 36 dogs who were impacted by the recall experienced was lots of peeing.

So yeah, I think the blood work was an excellent move.

Hope y'all feels better soon!

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
UTI was my first thought, as well. Blood work is always a good idea when you think something is going on...nobody knows your dog better than you. Anates brings up a good point, as well...could be his food. Good luck in getting to the bottom of Tyson's problem.

OP
TysonsMom

TysonsMom

Nov 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson and Daisy
Thank you all for posts. The vet did the bloodwork and said that Tyson's protein level is a bit higher than normal, and he would like to do x-rays and an ultrasound. He said that it is nothing to panic about, but he wants to make sure his kidneys are working properly. But of course I am going to panic when he gives me all these scenarios and brings up kidney failure...

As an aside, I am SO glad I have pet insurance. I wondered, like many others, whether or not it was worth it, but it is a comfort to know that I can give him the medical attention he needs without worrying so much about the money.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Did he get any steroids for any of his issues recently? Our Sophie always pees a lot, I mean in front of us, just when she comes in, while sleeping......this only happens while on steroids.

Also Bella still gets up nightly for a potty break, sometimes 2. If I sleep through it, we have a mess on our hands in the am.

I hope Tyson gets better real soon.

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
Wow..I was just going to ask about the same problem! My girl is 10 months old and has started doing this this week. She has been wetting in her crate and having accidents this week ( which is not her normal behavior). She went to the vet this past saturday and had a shot of cortisone for her allergies and since then, she keeps peeing indoors!=( Could this be because of the shot or do you think it could be a UTI? Any suggestions , I'm going NUTS by her doing this!!=/ I'm definetly scheduling her an appointment w/ the vet again!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know cortisone and prednisone increases their thirst..so they drink more and have to pee much more! Had a rottie who was on pred long term..poor guys..really can mess with them!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.